Continental Terraincontact H/T 285/45R 22 500km review

I have had both on my Silverado, the Conti Terra Contact AT is great at everything but in the snow which Tire Rack also noted in their testing, the Defender LTX was much better all around.
I run winter tires so I wasnt too concerned about severe winter weather.. they will handle a snowflake during the transition months just fine.
That same tirerack test showed them head and shoulders above the other 3 tires for all dry and wet categories.. which was my main focus

We just ordered a set of the TerrainContact H/T for our 2014 Grand Cherokee. They will replace a set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S. The Michelins have had terrific traction and remained quiet; however, they are starting to have small cracks in the sidewalls and get low on tread. We would have bought the Michelins again except the price was $25 more a tire for the Michelins. I'm curious to see how the two compare.
So far we have about 500 miles on the TerrainContacts. I would say they are very similar to the Michelins, with a slightly different personality. I personally think the Michelins were a bit quieter then the Contis. The Contis seem to be a bit more of a firm tire. Time will tell to see how they do in the snow and in terms of tire life.

For anyone curious, the Michelins got about 20k on the nose before they were at 4/32nds. We probably could have run them longer as traction was still great, but with winter coming it did not seem prudent. Keep in mind this is Pittsburgh with lots of slow turns, winding roads, and lots of stopping. The Jeep has around 58k miles. Cross rotations were performed every 3-4 thousand miles, and tires were always kept at the recommended 36 PSI.

Roofing nail ahoy! TPMS chimed-off yesterday that the RR tire was low:
Image_20211007_153054.jpeg
Image_20211007_153434.jpeg
Image_20211007_153455.jpeg

As I mentioned in another thread on Continental TerrainContact H/T tires more than a year ago: “repair voids warranty”.

How are these tires holding up for you? Curious how they performed over the winter months compared to the Defenders.
They seem to be pretty on par with the Defenders. Both the TerrainContact and Defenders were noticibly better in the snow than either the stock Michelin Latitudes or the Cooper AT3s we had in the past. So far we are happy with the set on our 2014 Grand Cherokee. Time will tell how they wear.

How are these tires holding up for you? Curious how they performed over the winter months compared to the Defenders.
We run dedicated snows (Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2). We ran them into the late fall/early winter and they were fine, not what you wanted to hear I'm sure, unfortunately.

I have had these on my Ram for over a year and about 10,000 miles. Same Pittsburgh Pa area.
The tires are still quiet and the wet and snow traction right up there with the LTX I have run previously. I tow an 8000 pound boat on occasion and these tires stay well planted. I do not believe I will get close to the 70,000 mile wear as rated based on the wear in 10,000 miles, but I have never got close to manufacturer claims.

Once a year or so I tow a single horse trailer and horse. Trying determine if the continental tires are up to towing the approximately 6 to 7000 pounds.
They should be fine. I had no issues towing our Four Winns, which, including the trailer, is roughly in the ballpark of the weight you've noted there.

Back