Considering Delvac 1300 for my Yamaha TDM-850

Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of running Yamlube 20w-40 in my 1993 Yamaha TDM 850 I am looking for a change. For those not familiar, the bike has a water cooled, in-line twin, I am thinking that a good diesel oil will protect the engine well while being safe for my clutch. The manual calls for a 20w40. I think the 15w-40 Delvac (or Rotella) 15w-40 is close enough in grade and the clutch will be happy as well. Thoughts?

Rotella is very popular among motorcycle owners. Rotella also probably gives you the best bang for the buck.

when i tested delvac 1300 last year it did not hold up as well as SRT and not anywhere close to SuperTech.

Last edited:
I agree with picking Rotella. It seems to be a favorite. It's actually spec'd as a recommended fluid for some aftermarket clutches.

I ain't using nuthin' but MC specific in my bikes! Why don't you try some Honda syn blend? Shifts nice. P. S. I run 10w-40.

Last edited:
I would advise you to use the Rotella T in either synthetic or standard oil. It has always served me well in any bike application that I have tried. Delo is great, too.

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back