Considering a new Lexus ES - Durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good choice for you OP. I find the GS series is what BMW hopes someday the 5 series will become.

My experience was in 2011 when I got a job doing valet in a high end dept store.
I had driven my fair share of BMW's, Jag's, Maserati's etc.
Then one day a lady in her mid 40's came in with an older, stock GS (early 2000's? not low mileage either!)
Just from my short drive around the parking lot, this car was able to outshine some of the best cars in the industry.

The engine sounds, the steering, the suspension, all of it was just awesome.

I was very reluctant to give her her keys when she came to pick it up!

If I had the money, I'd buy one too!

If I were liking the ES, I'd cross-shop it against the Avalon. What could it hurt to go take one for a spin? They've finally managed to make it an attractive car (taste is subjective, I realize) and you'd be getting the same level of reliability.

One thing to keep in mind: Lexus dealerships / service departments are a completely different animal than Toyota. I was very impressed with the 3 different Lexus dealers I visited with my sister & her IS. They go above & beyond.

Here in Canada the premium and regular dealership lines (Lexus and Toyota) are sometimes under the same roof, so treatment doesn't necessarily vary from one to another...just different entrances that lead to the same department for both lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back