cone vs flat

Status
Not open for further replies.
does a cone air filter provide more air flow vs a flat pannel air filter in the stock air box?? ex, integra gsr stock air box with the cone air filter inside, and a normal accord flat pannel air filter in sotck air box

im planning to put his gsr box in mine will i see any advantages?? flow wise..

Alot of times the flat panel flows better because they leak on the outer edges. So you get a large flow of unfiltered air. I recommend a cone filter if you can use one. The sealing problems with the flat filters don't seem to go away with changing filters or brands. I am just not a fan of flat filters.

so u think if i adapt a cone air filter inside my air box like the integra gsr i will get that increase?? does it matter if its paper or cotton?? i understand it wontbe much increase and its limited to the amount of air the air box holds but shouldnt i get some good stuff like high rpm power??

i wonder if its legal to attach a filter to my air intake line just like a regular induction system sold at stores? cause u know how u have to have that carb number on there in some states to be legal...if i attach a cone filter on mine without the box...will it be legal?

lol or should i just drill a big O hole in my air box for air LOL

Actually, cutting out the bottom of the airbox is a common mod with ls1 owners. The factory only gives the f-bodies two thin slits to serve as a air intake for the filer.
Bub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back