Colorado getting slammed with snow

Not sure how many of the members live in Colorado but the meteorologists hit the nail on the head this time. The mountains have received between 20-36 inches with several ski resorts shutting down due to road conditions. Reports say that a few places in the mountains could get four feet by Friday morning. I'm at four plus inches already.

We're on the North End of Colorado Springs/Monument at 7,357ft Elevation and we are at 20" measured on our deck of heavy/wet snow with more comming this afternoon.. the plus side is it's not that cold and it's not windy here so it could be worse...

I am northeast, close to Blackforest. Around 4-5" in the driveway, very wet, heavy stuff. I'm not going out yet with snowblower.
On that note, I hope they open A-Basin tomorrow. It would be FUUUUUN to ski there now.

I should check in with my Aunt who lives down in Wiley...Way down SE... few mi west of Lamar.

looks pretty clear so far...
Screenshot 2024-03-14 164731.jpg

Last edited:
Must be nice. We had 2-3" hail last night that destroyed our Odyssey. Already have it at a shop and claims adjuster is talking about totaling it even before seeing it in person, just based off the pics we've sent her.

Not unusual for the Front Range. Heavy spring storms, then it'll be 65-70*F in a few days and all gone. Just the news trying to make normal weather interesting in an attempt to capture our attention.

I'm not saying it's not real when you're in it -- just that it's not unusual or unprecedented. It snows in Colorado in March. Sometimes quite heavily.

I always thought it was cool the local Jeep clubs will step up to get people to grocery stores, medical appts etc.

I should check in with my Aunt who lives down in Wiley...Way down SE... few mi west of Lamar.
That area (Boone) was supposed to be "Kansas" in National Lampoons Family Vacation.

My wife comes from Eads and gets sooo mad when I say it might as well be Kansas :D

Not unusual for the Front Range. Heavy spring storms, then it'll be 65-70*F in a few days and all gone. Just the news trying to make normal weather interesting in an attempt to capture our attention.

I'm not saying it's not real when you're in it -- just that it's not unusual or unprecedented. It snows in Colorado in March. Sometimes quite heavily.

I always thought it was cool the local Jeep clubs will step up to get people to grocery stores, medical appts etc.

Aren't March and April our snowiest months?

Yup, nothing unusual here. What was nice is that it rained a LOT yesterday. It had been dry for quite a while.

That area (Boone) was supposed to be "Kansas" in National Lampoons Family Vacation.

My wife comes from Eads and gets sooo mad when I say it might as well be Kansas :D
only reason she's there is it where her late husband was from... they met at College in McPherson, KS, all 3 of their kids (Raised in Wiley) went to McPherson, one Son still lives in McPherson( Works for the College), one's a Doctor in Wichita (Kansas paid for his Medical school, like the old tv show "Northern Exposure"), and their Sister moved all the way east to Elgin, Il ( west side of Chicago) working for the Church of the Bretheren.
My Aunt is getting ready to sell, and downsize... To McPherson, KS...

I'm literally the ONLY person in my family who's never been to KS.

Not sure how many of the members live in Colorado but the meteorologists hit the nail on the head this time. The mountains have received between 20-36 inches with several ski resorts shutting down due to road conditions. Reports say that a few places in the mountains could get four feet by Friday morning. I'm at four plus inches already.

Post a photo please.

I saw on the news about the expected snowfall.

If you want to take a peek around the state, CO has this site that lets you see pics of the roads. It was VERY helpful a few years ago when they had an early snow storm while I was on a road trip. I was able to see the roads ahead of time and plan out a way around the snow.

Last edited:
I caught 14” dump from that at Alta ski area in Utah yesterday. Now back east to ski the 30” dumped on some VT mountains this past week.

Back to reality soon.

Reactions: D60
If you want to take a peak around the state, CO has this site that lets you see pics of the roads. It was VERY helpful a few years ago when they had an early snow storm while I was on a road trip. I was able to see the roads ahead of time and plan out a way around the snow.
Good point! I use it for the Wolf Creek cameras often. It can be dry in Pagosa and chains-required halfway up the pass. BTDT, especially this time of year when wet storms seem like a nothing burger at lower altitudes but mean heavy snow higher up.

Was just in Highlands Ranch, 18” on the ground and coming down, hard. More on the way. Street hadn’t been plowed, so, couldn’t get the R model out…got AWD and four snow tires, but not enough ground clearance to move all that heavy, wet snow.

Buddy drove his F250 up and down the street a dozen times to pack it down, then, I backed out…in reverse, so that the trailer hitch took the brunt of any snow ridges encountered, and the freshly painted front spoiler remained untouched.

Back