Coleman Lantern Fuel in Honda GX160

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet that got your attention!
shocked.gif
The Amish around here say that running this, or "White Gas" makes the engine run better and cleaner in applications where the engine runs slightly higher than an idle. My engine is used on a water pump, for a drip irrigation system, and is run at lower rpms. I tried this once and the engine did run good on it. Exaust smelled different. 2 days later the tank was empty,bone dry, it had 3/4 of a tank when I shut it off. I figure it all evaporated out. I refilled with regular gas, and never had the problem with missing gas again.

[ October 22, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Pick ]

The only problem with Coleman fuel is the octane rating of 40 or so. Knock can be a damaging problem in loaded engines, so running 40 octane is foolish.

Chris

Coleman's lantern fuel is as Cujet said, a very low octane fuel.

It contains white gas and naphtha with no octane additives at all. Volatization is very rapid and is meant for fast burning and quick ignition. Not good for running in any internal combustion engine.

While I did not notice any knock, I have to agree it is not a good idea, especially since it evaporates so fast. I'll not be using it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back