Coffee - Your Current Brew

Peets Major Dickinson, 4 cups a day typically. I don't care as much for it in K cups, but at home it's what I prefer (I will go as far as to fill a thermos and take with me to work).

We have a bag of Starbucks decaf that we will have that occasionally and it's ok, I might prefer that over the above in decaf version.

I use Starbucks Italian roast and a Breville espresso machine. The wife uses Seattle's Best Henry's Blend with a drip carafe Zojirushi machine. Not enough time/patience/dedication to roast our own.

Currently drinking Black Rifle CAF
True marketing genius! Truly crap coffee. Better served with with economy of price than a heavy monetary investment in swill. Try this instead. It is much better.
coffeewalmart.jpeg

Never tried Black Rifle. What makes it garbage? Overroasted crappy beans? Same as Starbucks!!! Hahahahahaha OK that was a joke.....not getting into which way each company leans.

Regular Brazil Cerrado - I hope this is a good batch. I bought 3 bags. It was SOOOOO GOOD last time.

I recently discovered that Community Coffee offers whole bean coffee (online only in my area), so I ordered a few bags.

It‘s good!

So far, this Colombian Toledo Abateca is my favorite. Possibly even superior to my standard, Eight ‘O Clock Coffee 100% Colombian.

The Breakfast Blend tastes pretty much like coffee you’d get in your standard restaurant. Not bad, but definitely nothing special. Probably not very fresh.

And the Brazil Santos Bourbon is good, but mild. Need to up the ratio a bit on that one.
View attachment 60331
I was getting community coffee on line. Now local Wal-Mart has it cheaper and it's fresh. I'm getting their coffee with chicory.

Never tried Black Rifle. What makes it garbage? Overroasted crappy beans? Same as Starbucks!!! Hahahahahaha OK that was a joke.....not getting into which way each company leans.

Regular Brazil Cerrado - I hope this is a good batch. I bought 3 bags. It was SOOOOO GOOD last time.
Basically, yes.

I was gifted some, and I thought it was over-roasted, and not very fresh, either.

For me, it's Maxwell House, Folgers or Chock Full depending what's on sale. I did the fresh grind thing with Eight Oclock and it was just ok, not that good.

I do like some of the offerings they have but can't find any where on the site where they mention what shipping costs are, how much shipping did you pay for 3 bags?

I do like some of the offerings they have but can't find any where on the site where they mention what shipping costs are, how much shipping did you pay for 3 bags?
Like a lot of sites, you need to proceed - but before pay - then you see the shipping $.

$8. Priority USPS. Which to me is real. I ship every day, yesterday for example I shipped 20+ packages. Sure some co's offer "free" shipping......but cost is rolled in. Not my preference. OTOH, some places (coffee in particular) charge $15-$20 next state over for 2 pounds, which I know is not real.

I think Red Bird had decent shipping as I recall.

Sorry for my ramble.

Like a lot of sites, you need to proceed - but before pay - then you see the shipping $.

$8. Priority USPS. Which to me is real. I ship every day, yesterday for example I shipped 20+ packages. Sure some co's offer "free" shipping......but cost is rolled in. Not my preference. OTOH, some places (coffee in particular) charge $15-$20 next state over for 2 pounds, which I know is not real.

I think Red Bird had decent shipping as I recall.

Sorry for my ramble.
Yes Red Bird was $8 for 3 bags but they are pound bags not 12 oz. I will try that Brazil from talking crow and also the Costa Rica and Guatemala Huehuetenango.

Thank you!

Currently loving some Onyx coffee company southern weather

just finished off some Doubleshot Coffee Company Costa Rica La Minita. Outstanding coffee.

Just ordered coffee from Red Bird.

Ethiopia Yirgacheffe.

Blackbird Blend.

Sumatra.

I have always liked a good Sumatra coffee so that will be my first test. These three should give me a good variety of tastes.

Back