Coffee - Your Current Brew

Hey I like Peets, 2 cups in the morning and i'm good to go. ;)
download (8).jpg

Anyone here try Kivu coffee from Kroger? I picked up a little bit to try. It’s relatively cheap and roasted locally in the Seattle area but no mention anywhere who does roast it. I’m going to brew some up in the morning and I’ll pass on my opinion. $7.99 a pound.

I usually buy the higher brand name of what ever dark roast, french roast or expresso roast is BOGO when Im at the supermarket. Unlike Bonnie, I like to taste my coffee when I drink it.

I recently discovered that Community Coffee offers whole bean coffee (online only in my area), so I ordered a few bags.

It‘s good!

So far, this Colombian Toledo Abateca is my favorite. Possibly even superior to my standard, Eight ‘O Clock Coffee 100% Colombian.

The Breakfast Blend tastes pretty much like coffee you’d get in your standard restaurant. Not bad, but definitely nothing special. Probably not very fresh.

And the Brazil Santos Bourbon is good, but mild. Need to up the ratio a bit on that one.
3203B960-A1E8-4DEA-953E-3B4F7FD1575B.jpeg

I am drinking Red Bird Brazil right now, not bad. Going back to Talking Crow.
Which one did you order, they have a couple from Brazil, Full Bloom and Sweet Blue, Rand linked to the Sweet Blue a while back. They also have a couple from Guatemala I want to try, and shipping is reasonable.

I am drinking Red Bird Brazil right now, not bad.
Brazil Sweet Blue from Red Bird used to be one of my favorites, however, the last bag I ordered wasn't as good as previous batches.

I had to cut down on caffeine recently for health reasons. Currently drinking this, but it's a bit too acidic for my taste. Going to try their Brazil Decaf next.

41006-ferris-coffee-12oz-colombia-decaf_600x.png

Brazil Sweet Blue from Red Bird used to be one of my favorites, however, the last bag I ordered wasn't as good as previous batches.

I had to cut down on caffeine recently for health reasons. Currently drinking this, but it's a bit too acidic for my taste. Going to try their Brazil Decaf next.
Sweet Blue. Nothing terrible about it, just not the body of most good Brazil coffees. Acid level OK. Flavor, light.

My first order from Red Bird will be here today, since I'm not an evening coffee drinker it will have to wait till morning.

What I ordered:
Costa Rica La Magnolia
Guatemala Huehuetenango Catuai Caturra
Brazil Sweet Blue

Back