Coco Wheats was one of my faves as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Why buy the cereal? Just eat the half cup of sugar.

Haha too true.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
My mom has been a health nut long before I was born. The cereal I ate growing up was Grape Nuts, Total and Product 19.

frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear this.

At least you eat some cereal.

None to be found over the iron curtain wall ....

I've eaten my first at 29-30 years old, plain corn flakes.

To this day my favorite breakfast is a slice of good bread (no puffy stuff) with butter (rare to find at that time) and chocolate milk (milk, sugar, cocoa powder; i hate the taste of cocoa ready mixes...)

My thrifty mother bought store brand clones. Mostly sugarless, we added plenty. Most of the stuff was oat/wheat/corn/rice dust, corn syrup. and air.

We lived frugally as a family. Us kids had one choice and that was puffed wheat in the big plastic bags.

Today I eat a small bowl of mush. Still frugal.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

OMG man, step up to Kellogg Frosted Flakes!

I ate them all as a kid, mostly as a snack after school. I also liked Fortified Oat Flakes and Raisin Bran. This was the late 50s & 60s.

I grew up on Co Co Wheats. I too like it a little lumpy and have found that instead of adding all that sugar, that if I add French Vanilla coffee creamer it adds the right amount of sweetness/creaminess.

It is a northern cereal. I couldn't find any when I moved down here to NC back in 84 and had to bring it back with me when I went home to visit my parents.

Adding a touch of salt also gives it a nice flavor.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: pandus13

OMG man, step up to Kellogg Frosted Flakes!

And take a STEP towards diabetes
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back