Clutch masters quality?

So I ordered some clutch Masters, and I read the reviews after I did that, and there's been more bad reviews than good for them. I read that pieces of the pressure plate break off after about a thousand miles or a few thousand, and the clutch disc becomes welded to the flywheel and what not. I'm wondering if anyone here has bought their products and how long this lasted them and if they've had any issues?

yup there is a lot of HYPE of clutch masters and other brands like that.. from what I've found their quality is hit/miss, not something I'd want in a clutch where to do the job is not as easy as replacing an air filter. I give my vote for Exedy. Installed that in the Civic, it was a stage 1 clutch, more heavy duty than the oem version and it was awesome! Perfect pressure and feel, very easy to modulate. And the quality is definitely there!

Clutch Masters were pretty fast to respond to me when I wanted to cancel my order and they were pretty helpful, so I got some good customer experience there, so maybe someday I'll give them the benefit of the dowel and get one of their products, but looks like LuK is the only one that makes clutch parts for my car at the moment so I can only buy from the besides CM.

I had a clutch masters twin disc setup in my e46 330i and never had any issues with it. I do think you need to know what you are buying as they use different friction materials across product ranges, some of which are not daily driver appropriate.

Back