Cleaning an old field.....

More mystery debris. Piece of some kind of clamp or vise?

IMG_4762.jpeg
IMG_4763.jpeg
IMG_4764.jpeg

Interesting. Do you have any idea what was in your location before homes?

The US Geographical survey has aerial photos of a lot of the country in their map database. You could look back when.

That air ratchet doesn’t look that old. I do vaguely remember when my parents built a house, that the builders buried a lot of waste. But that was early 80s and I was very young. Still plausible that happened here.

Interesting. Do you have any idea what was in your location before homes?

The US Geographical survey has aerial photos of a lot of the country in their map database. You could look back when.

That air ratchet doesn’t look that old. I do vaguely remember when my parents built a house, that the builders buried a lot of waste. But that was early 80s and I was very young. Still plausible that happened here.

That sites a great resource, but it doesnt have anything (or I cant find by pecking) historical I can see.

It's like an archeological dig site - the deeper you dig the older stuff you find. It's fascinating and maddening.

Back in Indiana we treated our land parcels like gold, whoever was here used it as a dumpster.

We're dropping in lines of trees and shrub (the string demarcates the sprinkler line). The little piles are all unusable and will get dumped.

IMG_4766.jpeg

That toothed ring is a seed plate for a planter. Cool stuff!

When our barn became unsafe, we dug a huge hole, pushed the barn in it, and burned it. I suspect there will be cool finds when the housing complex gets built over the farm in a few years.

Back