Cleaner and protectant for 1991 Mercedes Leather

JHZR2

Staff member
My 1991 350SD leather is in great condition, but it has a few minor stains, and has not been touched in years. What’s the best product these days? I have leatherique, as well as some other products that are years old, but for this, which may be more like real leather than you get today, what should I use?

Griots for general leather care, it is about the best I have found.

Note 1, There are a good number of fantastic products on Amazon to recolor leather. If it is faded or has discolored creases.

Note 2, a good leather re-dye company can restore the leather and keep it healthy for years to come. Done properly, such a process can prevent creases, cracks and other defects from worsening. We do this with aircraft leather seats, with fantastic results. Here is a company I use for very high end leather.

Leather upholstery on a 1991 MB is probably real leather, not the "coated" stuff like most cars have today that don't actually require leather care products. If you have Leatherique rejuvenator oil, I'd use that. It's probably the best product on the market.

www.pecard.com. Some years ago I heard about them on a Mercedes forum. I emailed them asking what should I use on a 22 yo Mercedes leather with a few cracks. They suggested their cleaner and leather care lotion. Ordered some recently and used the cleaner on solid and perforated leather seat with grease on it. It came right off. I haven't used the Leather lotion yet but will soon. It's nice stuff and not expensive.

My 1991 350SD leather is in great condition, but it has a few minor stains, and has not been touched in years. What’s the best product these days? I have leatherique, as well as some other products that are years old, but for this, which may be more like real leather than you get today, what should I use?
Leatherique...its the best I've found by far.

Leather upholstery on a 1991 MB is probably real leather, not the "coated" stuff like most cars have today that don't actually require leather care products. If you have Leatherique rejuvenator oil, I'd use that. It's probably the best product on the market.
I agree 100%.

Leatherique is still a great product for annual deep rejuvenation. I use Griots Leather Care Spray for weekly/monthly cleaning and maintenance. I have owned a few older Ferraris and Leatherique was awesome. My current one has an alcantara interior...and my BMWs are kept up such that I basically only use the Griots Leather Care Spray or goop anymore. :)

Back