Cleaned van carpets

Cleaned my van carpets along with all the plastics today.

For the carpet shampoo i used a a cup and 2 ounces of liquid detergent and a cup and a half of purple power diluted in one gallon of water.

I sprayed it everywhere with a sprayer and then I let it sit, then I mixed a gallon of water and half a cup of softener. I then sprayed that everywhere.

3DE13883-1CDB-448C-A2A2-485D63BE8AA6.jpeg
94AAB6D4-309B-4D12-BF5B-AF319F650C02.jpeg

Basically, the carpets are now full of foamy soap and you will never remove the residue without removing the carpets and pressure washing them.

Congratulations, you have ruined the carpets and turned them into a dirt magnet from the detergent residue.

I think you are going to need an extractor and a lot of water to get that residue out. I’m sure they look great right now but The Critic is right, they are going to be a magnet for dirt going forward.
I didn't use too much soap, i just lightly sprayed it on and doused it with water. I have an extractor which I extracted and did it again by spraying water everywhere.

and also the detergent was diluted, I didn't just douse the whole carpet with straight laundry detergent.

I didn't use too much soap, i just lightly sprayed it on and doused it with water. I have an extractor which I extracted and did it again by spraying water everywhere.
Extractors are not designed to rinse heavy detergents out of carpets, especially not when you used two different once’s at high dosage. Also the volume of water (plus the low amount of vacuum) delivered by consumer grade units is definitely not adequate for what you were trying to accomplish.

I borrowed a portable shampoo machine which is an extractor from Home Depot rental department to clean the newly bought used car last time.
It is about $25 for 4 hours.

I borrowed a portable shampoo machine which is an extractor from Home Depot rental department to clean the newly bought used car last time.
It is about $25 for 4 hours.
Im on a strict budget, this took me a total of 9 hours of extracting all the soap and rinsing it out with water.

I use carpet soap and add a couple of ounces of Simple Green. The last rinse contains unscented softener. Worx great!

I bet! :ROFLMAO:

You don’t need that much soap and cleaner next time though. A little goes a loooong way.
True, and I forgot to mention, I diluted that gallon by pouring half of that gallon with half a gallon of water into the sprayer, so I think my dilution was good.

For consumer grade machines, Folex or Bissell/Rug Doctor cleaner is all I’ll mess with, maybe janitorial grade H2O2 cleaner.

The problem with what you did is that laundry detergents are meant to be rinsed out with plenty of water. Ditto with the purple power. Purple Power is also alkaline - and that also makes the laundry soap foam up more.

One reason we selected the Connect cargo with a full rubber mat.. These full length rubber mats are easier to clean and extract.

Back