Classic 90915-20001 Toyota (JAPAN) filter cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bunch of these filters from my 1987 4Runner, that I sold a few years ago. I was thinking about putting one my LX450, but after cutting this up, i think i'm going to go with the XG3600 that i recently picked up from ebay for $5.91 shipped. The design is definitely interesting, and it's definitely 100% paper filter medium. All around Toyota/Denso goodness as far as quality... the Glue is applied perfectly at the top and bottom...100% paper/cardboard endcaps. the adbv was very pliable, and interestingly the gasket oil under the plastic seal had not dried yet.
I opened the filter using the manual can-opener you see pictured.
enjoy...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9592432@N02/albums/72157667010602300

Last edited:
Wow... I like the design
grin.gif

Last edited:
That's a new one. Made in Japan instead of Thialand. Wonder if this is the 'new' design of the factory style Toyota Filters that had similar shaped media, but was all fuzzy looking.

Should cut open the media to see how it's configured, and to measure the total surface area.

Those are great filters . They used to advertise that that design had more filtering area that the PH8 size it replaced. I used to use them on my 88 Camry and my 92 truck until they weren't available from the local dealer. They were the oem filter on the Mitsubishi forklift engines for a while as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back