Christmas ⛄🎄 Music 🎶

It cannot be escaped 😔
Between FM, SiriusXM, and my Spotify streaming algorithm, it's never far away 🙄
That being said, they didn't defrost Mariah Carey this year for nothing, might as well enjoy it for the next 3 weeks
What's your favorite Christmas classics?

Last edited:
You have to go to an out of the USA station to get a large variety of Christmas music. There are many thousands of great Christmas songs, regrettably in the USA the same 40 songs are played- I suspect these stations have a contract for the 40 songs.

Here is one station out of England. The station plays zero commercials, and runs on donations only (but never asks on air for donations). The Christmas music is limited right now- but close to Christmas that is all they will play.

Maybe(just maybe) my favorite Christmas song is:
"Please Come Home For Christmas"(Bells Will Be Ringing).

I do like the compilation of all Christmas/Holiday songs during this time of year.
And I don't mind as I get older that some radio stations are starting earlier.
ATMOF, our local FM station that plays Christmas/Holiday Music started in early November this year and hopefully will continue to the end of the first week into the New Year as they have before.

However, since New Years Day in on a Sunday, the music may end there.
In the past, if NYD was in the middle of the week, the station would continue Holiday Music into the next weekend ending Sunday.
This particular FM station used to start the week of Thanksgiving and end New Years Day(evening).
They've now stretched it out longer and their listeners must be requesting it. I for one, don't mind one bit.
If I don't want to listen to it, I just change the station. It's that easy.

I love Christmas. My wife loves it even more as she will keep up the Christmas tree, lights & decorations til the end of January before she even starts to take them down. So in reality, this can move into the first week of February.

PTL 🙏

Last edited:
I only turn the radio on for the traffic or weather. If something annoying comes on, I just turn it off. TV is much worse not for the xmas music but the none stop commercials these days. It seems like for every 5 minutes of content, there is 3 or 4 minutes of back to back ads.

I tell Alexa to play Christmas music and it's usually a fairly good variety. If I really do not like a song I will tell Alexa to skip that song. You can skip 6 songs in one hour and after that you are stuck listening to the collage of songs.

You have to go to an out of the USA station to get a large variety of Christmas music. There are many thousands of great Christmas songs, regrettably in the USA the same 40 songs are played- I suspect these stations have a contract for the 40 songs.

Here is one station out of England. The station plays zero commercials, and runs on donations only (but never asks on air for donations). The Christmas music is limited right now- but close to Christmas that is all they will play.

Agree. More or less all the actual Christmas music is off air, probably for fear that some woke snowflake may be offended. Yet I’m offended that Christmas music isn’t anymore.

Pretty much sick of the same ten songs, and variants thereof being played.

The religious station by me growing up, 94.7 wfme, would play nearly nonstop Christmas music in the days leading up. As I recall they would play Handel’s Messiah in full on Christmas Day. I’m not asking for that level of music from a commercial station, but come on….

I love Christmas music because it's so eclectic in artists and in content.

Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Gene Autry, etc. are not on my regular listening schedule. Do I know their music? Sure, but they're not artists I consciously seek out to listen. For a couple weeks in November and December, it's alright to listen to some new (old) artists.

Then comes the type of songs.

There's the foundational Christian Christmas hymms and carols: Silent Night, O Holy Night, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, Joy to the World

There's the standards: The Christmas Song, White Christmas, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

The songs from animated features: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

The rockin' Christmas songs: Little Saint Nick, Run Rudolph Run, Jingle Bell Rock, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

The introspective Christmas songs: Merry Xmas (War is Over), Someday At Christmas, Do They Know it's Christmas

The songs that happen to occur at Christmas but aren't really Christmas songs at all: Christmas Wrapping, Last Christmas

Christmas songs that are really just about the weather (or trees): Let it Snow!, Baby it's Cold Outside, O Tannenbaum, Sleighride

Christmas songs from other cultures: Feliz Navidad, Mele Kalikimaka

Top 40 Christmas hits: Underneath the Tree, Christmas Tree Farm, All I Want for Christmas is You

Songs about the jolly fat man: Santa Clause is Coming to Town, Santa Baby, I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus

Somehow, they're all Christmas songs and that's pretty good.

I agree! The adds on TV are too many and too long. I guess that someone has to pay the bills.
Totally agree, that is why I dropped all cable, which kept going up in price, and put up an antenna, for the local news etc. and subscribe to Netflix with the Roku. Saving big bucks.

Back