Chinesium

440852306_812568774255268_3814122578106060418_n.jpg

What doesn't get shown with cheap tools breaking suddenly is the bleeding fingers, knuckles or other body parts when all the applied force lets go NOW.
This happened to me just the other week with an older HF tool. I have learned Years ago to just.buy better tools when I need a new one

Last edited:
How old was it?
A few years. 10 maybe?
It was a ratchet that never really saw any use, either. It was the type where the handle can flex in 2 different places.

Once I put a small amount of torque on the bolt, the handle let loose and the handle popped me in the eye.

I have come to despise cheaply made tools.

A few years. 10 maybe?
It was a ratchet that never really saw any use, either. It was the type where the handle can flex in 2 different places.

Once I put a small amount of torque on the bolt, the handle let loose and the handle popped me in the eye.

I have come to despise cheaply made tools.
When I get to the house I'll try to find the Snap-On 3/8 my son broke and has yet to trade in......

Unless those are also cheaply made. I don't make tools so I really dunno.

I'm no Harbor Freight shill, but tools break.

When I get to the house I'll try to find the Snap-On 3/8 my son broke and has yet to trade in......

Unless those are also cheaply made. I don't make tools so I really dunno.

I'm no Harbor Freight shill, but tools break.

Tools breaking is pretty normal.
A wrench breaking after 3-5 light uses and about 10 ft/lb of torque is not acceptable. Or worth the cost "savings" to me.

Don't get me wrong, I have aquired lot of tools from harbor freight over the last 20 years. However, they have definitely sold me a lot of cheap garbage through those years, too. Especially Pittsburgh wrenches and ratchets. And especially their torque wrenches.

They can't all be winners, I guess.
YMMV

Back