Ultrasonic cleaner baskets?

I’ve been given an L&R ultrasonic, it needs a basket. The OE piece is $150. Can I get away with an el cheapo Chinesium Amazon one, or even a plastic basket from the dollar store?

Depending on what you're cleaning, you can fill the tank with water and put your parts in a plastic jar like the ones peanut butter now comes in with your cleaning solution and put the jar in ultrasonic tank.

Depending on what you're cleaning, you can fill the tank with water and put your parts in a plastic jar like the ones peanut butter now comes in with your cleaning solution and put the jar in ultrasonic tank.
I do this with small engine carbs, though I still use the basket. The manual that came with my cleaner said to always use the basket because the transducers will fail quickly if there is any weight directly on them.

OP, any basket will be fine as long as the feet of the basket do not sit directly on the transducers, which admittedly are not visible without some disassembly.

You don't want plastic because it will absorb some of the ultrasonic energy. L&R makes a pretty decent cleaner, how many gallons is it.

Back