China's producer prices plunge the most in seven years as deflation hangs over economy

News is meant to inform. Regrettably, almost all news is used not to inform, but to influence. We should think twice about using the label news for what is being broadcast and published. Almost all of it is a information campaign meant to influence, not inform.
I dont even watch much anymore. I can not take how it does not matter what so called news station you put on, the hosts report bad news and especially about anyone in trouble with gleeeee almost on the giddy side like they are playing sides. All of them do it these days. So far from the professional daily evening news shows I watched with my grandfather in the 60s every evening.

Central planning has limitations that can cause great long run market distortions.
This. Many people see the "plan" as since the early 80s after Mao's death and China started to gradually turn to market economy and capitalism. Those "leaders" in the past if they see what China is today would have cried treason.

If you ask those who fled in the 50s-80s, they can tell you the central planning leads to the famine, dam rupture, cultural revolution, then massive unemployment in urban cities, and sending almost all youth to rural villages as farmers for years (to avoid dealing with unemployment). This is all the result of central planning.

The switch to market economy, letting foreigners setup factories in China, and gradually open up job markets (it used to be government assign jobs to you based on your test scores), that transform it into the economic powerhouse today.

The "plan" China has is long term, but so far they are still trying to catch up to the more developed world in per capita standard. A lot of the recent booms were based on their money printing via massive real estate boom and that's starting to collapse. If the world factory status is gone (to Vietnam, Mexico, etc), they would have some serious downturn.

Still, historically China has been the "Roman Empire" of the East and they probably will never settle for being just a developing country forever. That's probably the main reason whoever is in power, even if a US friendly one like the KMT government (aka Republic of China or Taiwan), would try to become #1 in the world eventually. Eventually the central planning CCP is doing will hit a brick wall, like the younger generation refusing to buy home and have children, as they view what they get back is not proportional to how hard they work, and decided to just go for a lower pay lower stress lifestyle.

..PRC has made it clear they have a plan to take Taiwan, have been rehearsijg, and will take Taiwan, whatever the perceived cost.

Western nations (corporations)have bowed down to China at every crossroad. Can't think of a single example of a western nation (corporation) not folding to China. One can't upset their banker.

One high profile examples include Microsoft.

Microsoft stopped all support for windows seven,.to force migration to later version of the operating system. It was estimated well over 95 percent of windows seven in use were pirate copies. Yet when a security vulnerability came out in Windows seven, Microsoft provided a fix for all the pirated.copies in China. Lots of things to grasp in that story.
If they don't take it seriously nobody would listen and Taiwan would have "declare" independent by now. China in the 80s asked US to stop selling weapons (fighter jets, ships, etc) to Taiwan to be recognized and re-enter UN, and US refused, and eventually China removed that from the requirement.

Windows 7? Come on now. Windows 10 is free and no registration required (I'm typing on an unregistered W10 as we speak). Whoever is using Windows 7 is not because it is popular in China or it is cheaper / free (it is not), but because they have old hardware. The same for XP, a lot of ATMs are still running on XP.

Windows 7? Come on now. Windows 10 is free and no registration required (I'm typing on an unregistered W10 as we speak). Whoever is using Windows 7 is not because it is popular in China or it is cheaper / free (it is not), but because they have old hardware. The same for XP, a lot of ATMs are still running on XP.
Yep, there was a windows 7 - 32 bit was the last 32 bit windows available. I actually ran it on a seperate laptop for a long time for industrial service stuff. A lot of industrial customers still run it - although XP seems to be easier to maintain?

If they don't take it seriously nobody would listen and Taiwan would have "declare" independent by now. China in the 80s asked US to stop selling weapons (fighter jets, ships, etc) to Taiwan to be recognized and re-enter UN, and US refused, and eventually China removed that from the requirement.

I liked XP.

Inflation is money worth less Deflation is money worth more. Deflation has its cause and inflation has its cause which is better or worst is if you benefit from one or the other.
Yes, but the real issue is price stability - or more specifically the US dollar being less price stable due to either inflation or deflation puts at risk the US dollar's status as the global reserve currency, which is the real power behind US Hegemony.

The windows seven security issue that required a Microsoft patch, after msft quit support window 7 was from a few years ago. Mihht be worth your while to do some research on the subject. Amazing that msft would fear China so much it would issue a patch for pirated software in use in China.

And for fun, here is the msft windows ten official Chinese government edition.aybe you didn't know msft makes a windows ten specifically for the Chinese government. Msft does not make a windows 10 us government edition.

I find it fascinating people can put their head in the sand about the situation. I guess a full belly and some chAnge in the pocket is all it takes.

The windows seven security issue that required a Microsoft patch, after msft quit support window 7 was from a few years ago. Mihht be worth your while to do some research on the subject. Amazing that msft would fear China so much it would issue a patch for pirated software in use in China.

And for fun, here is the msft windows ten official Chinese government edition.aybe you didn't know msft makes a windows ten specifically for the Chinese government. Msft does not make a windows 10 us government edition.

I find it fascinating people can put their head in the sand about the situation. I guess a full belly and some chAnge in the pocket is all it takes.

There are many "special custom" versions of software all the time. If you are willing to pay someone will make a special custom version support contract for you.

XP still has an industrial version out there still being supported to a certain extend, if I remember correctly. Why do you think companies of "open source" software make money? They live off these support contracts.

Its supposed to be surprising that microsoft bowed to China? Yes, absolutely. And so does Apple, and the NBA, and Elon Musk. Bought and paid for all.

I think the lack of response is not because no one believes you, its because its old news everyone already knows.

Its supposed to be surprising that microsoft bowed to China? Yes, absolutely. And so does Apple, and the NBA, and Elon Musk. Bought and paid for all.

I think the lack of response is not because no one believes you, its because its old news everyone already knows.
This thread is a couple of months old. Another BITOGer jumped in and restarted the conversation.

China is a huge consumer market the world's biggest vehicle market.
Everyone does business there.

Exactly. And its a centrally controlled command economy. So if you care to do business there, you do what your told by the CCP. That was my point.
Might want to revise that to include the US. "
So if you care to do business there, you do what your told by the CCP. Could read "If you want to have any business dealing that involve China anywhere in the world, to include the US- you do what your told by the CCP"

Airlines that placed Taiwan in drop down lists of countries on their websites received demanding letters. Taiwanese cities should be listed under the heading "China", Beijing said, or at the very least the word "China" should be included after the word "Taiwan".

Some apologized, most complied.

The government in Taipei then sent letters of its own urging companies to be "courageous", to defy the "bullying" and reverse their "wrong" decision. The US State Department then criticized China's demand as "Orwellian nonsense", arguing that American firms do not have to toe Beijing's political line.

But China insists it has every right to request companies that do business there to follow its laws, and not to hurt the feelings of its people.

It is clear that China will seek out more "violators" and Chinese citizens will help the government to do so. In May the clothing chain Gap apologised after social media users noticed it was selling a T-shirt which included a map of China that omitted Taiwan and Tibet.

Chinas economy only exists because of US and our willingness to offshore the work there. China doesn’t have a successful economy model.
As I have written about prior, a neighbor sold used machine tool equipment that was located in the US and shipped the equipment to China. He made a ton of bucks doing this.

He left that business after ten years. When I inquired why, he said China had bought all the US machines, and no more l machines left in the US on any scale to ship to China. Essentially China had bought up almost all of the machines tools that were located in the US.

As I have written about prior, a neighbor sold used machine tool equipment that was located in the US and shipped the equipment to China. He made a ton of bucks doing this.

He left that business after ten years. When I inquired why, he said China had bought all the US machines, and no more l machines left in the US on any scale to ship to China. Essentially China had bought up almost all of the machines tools that were located in the US.
That is a national defense issue if you ask me...... of course no one is asking. Not only that but each day feels like less and less people even give a care about any of those types of things any more. I do wonder some days what would occur to China if they lost a lot of sales to North America? Change in standard of living to some? How much economic disruption? Nothing? Anything?

Back