China's producer prices plunge the most in seven years as deflation hangs over economy

Can’t get enough people to go along with that to make a difference.
good on you, but most would rather pay less for what they buy.
Yep.

Most people’s morality is aligned with their wallet and price is always number one even if they can afford to do what’s right.
There are lots of times in my life where I find myself “doing the right thing”, not because it will make a difference to the world, but because it makes a difference to me, and I like sleeping well at night.

In typical statist fashion the CCP, per the WSJ, to stop reporting youth unemployment. Hide bad news and everyone is happy, and wise leaders are in control, everything is bliss, flowers and butterflies everywhere.

Anyone who could be a threat to the Supreme Leader of China has been eliminated. The result is a Supreme Leader who is not an expert in all things surrounded by yes men. And that SL is making decisions on all aspects involving the direction of the country based upon inputs from yes men who won't bring bad news, but will just tell the SL what he wants to hear.
I think China's problems are going to compound in the next few years.

Last edited:
I'll take 6% inflation over deflation any day....
Smartest post here. The small workforce due to family planning rules and the mishandling of the pandemic (no assistance) has put China in a far worse position than much of the world, especially us...

From a 60,000 feet perspective, inflation is a natural result of full employment, increased demand; deflation is a general decline in demand.

People who think our economy is bad have another guess coming.

Last edited:
I certainly hope so as we got problems because of our own mess. So far this year we paid $579 billion dollars in interest on out national debt.
We need China to fail and hurt as much as we are before they own us
China has a 100 plus year game plan that they are following to a T. China has achieved every single objective and task in their 100 years gameplay AHEAD of schedule, every single one. Not a single miss.

I am not aware of a single short or long term game plan the USA has or is executing. Not one.

The US Marine Corps has a foundational doctrine statement .The USMC states planning to win beats the will to win every time.

Not sure it reasonable to assume a country with no plan can beat a country with and executing a 100 year plan.

China's leadership has teachings that they refer to provide direction in all situations and concerns. I am not sure many Western countries have the same mentality. Leadership in most Western countries appear to have only one goal, and that appears to be reelection.

China has a 100 plus year game plan that they are following to a T.
No disrespect intended, but I just don't believe this. Were talking about a country that in the last 80 years went from enslavement by the Japanese to a civil war with a good portion of their leaders leaving for Taiwan to joining the USSR which lead to Mau's cultural revolution which starved 60M people which lead to leaving the USSR sphere of influence to join the west and the CCP putting in place protections to ensure no one person could ever secure as much power as Mau to Xi destroying all these protections, seizing even more power than Mau, and making sure everyone was locked down for 2 years while many cities ran out of coal for electricity and he wasn't even aware of it. If this was the plan that is some 6D chess.

Even if they have a plan now, I will quote Mike Tyson. "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face."

Of course this helps us none because were equally screwed up.

Not sure it reasonable to assume a country with no plan can beat a country with and executing a 100 year plan.
Oh we have a plan. The plan is for DC to fleece the states, and its moving forward at break neck speed and success.

Hold on for the ride as they say.

No disrespect intended, but I just don't believe this. Were talking about a country that in the last 80 years went from enslavement by the Japanese to a civil war with a good portion of their leaders leaving for Taiwan to joining the USSR which lead to Mau's cultural revolution which starved 60M people which lead to leaving the USSR sphere of influence to join the west and the CCP putting in place protections to ensure no one person could ever secure as much power as Mau to Xi destroying all these protections, seizing even more power than Mau, and making sure everyone was locked down for 2 years while many cities ran out of coal for electricity and he wasn't even aware of it. If this was the plan that is some 6D chess.

Even if they have a plan now, I will quote Mike Tyson. "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face."

Of course this helps us none because were equally screwed up.

Oh we have a plan. The plan is for DC to fleece the states, and its moving forward at break neck speed and success.

Hold on for the ride as they say.
Unlike the Chinese, I am not trying to influence you. I am simply informing.

I understand we see things very different. I hope you are right, and I am wrong. But I am not putting my money on it.

Here is a link to a speach by XI, that discusses long term stratgies. Please take some time and read from beginning to end, a few times. I very much welcome you to post a like article from a elected senior official from a Western Nation.

The question of Taiwan will be ultimately resolved and the national reunification achieved.

From the FBI:

I will send you an article I can't currently locate that may give you reason for a very different assessment of the PRC.

very much welcome you to post a like article from a elected senior official from a Western Nation.
I guess this is where we differ. I judge based on actions, not speeches. I don't care that no US politician has ever given a flowery speech because the USA has thrived for hundreds of years not because of its government but in spite of it.

The smartest people in history were our founders. They specifically left a weak central government and control in the hands "of the states, and the people". They tried to make General Washington a king. He told them they were missing the point and refused.
DC is trying to centralize control. The CCP already has. This is the game plan of tyrants everywhere, for all time.

I don't have this affinity for good guys and bad guys. I believe most current Central governments are not the good guys, anywhere. Its not a zero sum game. Perhaps the CCP takes Taiwan, perhaps they don't. Perhaps the US dollar fails, perhaps it does not. There somewhat related, but not mutually exclusive. They both can fail. I put my money on "we the people", wherever the people are, rather than "we the government" - every time.

Go listen to Hitler’s, Stalin’s, Mussolini’s or whatever other dictator you can think of speeches, they were all great, they all hit their “goals”, the people under their rule were the happiest and most prosperous.
German people thought they were winning the war all the way until Soviet army entered Berlin and even then a lot of them still believed this was some genius Hitler’s plan and that he will turn it all around and humiliate the Allies.

That’s what dictators and dictatorship regimes do, they lie, kill and misinform. Hence we should look at our own gov.

Last edited:
DOOM SELLS :)

Boy have you got that right! No human being wants to turn on the "news" and listen to all the good things in the world. That is what is destroying the human race, now with 24 hour news everywhere we go, every device we own, we have an insatiable thirst for misery.

We LOVE reading and watching it, we are addicted to it. Its killing us, before the internet age, you got your morning or afternoon newspaper and possibly a 30 minute news broadcast on the TV and you were done watching the misery for the day, next day, new subject. It's no longer like that, now it is a 24 hour running real life soap opera of misery. People are REALLY controlled by these corporations making huge profits over the peddling of the stuff. It will never stop. How it ends, I dont know.

There isnt a new organization that could be successful by publishing all the good news in the world. Humans dont want to hear it.

Sounds like China is investing in Cuba.
Seriously. With free(er) markets in China the wages have gone way up. When Chinese manufacturers are now charging more companies are looking toward Malaysia The Philippines etc

Go listen to Hitler’s, Stalin’s, Mussolini’s or whatever other dictator you can think of speeches, they were all great, they all hit their “goals”, the people under their rule were the happiest and most prosperous.
German people thought they were winning the war all the way until Soviet army entered Berlin and even then a lot of them still believed this was some genius Hitler’s plan and that he will turn it all around and humiliate the Allies.

That’s what dictators and dictatorship regimes do, they lie, kill and misinform. Hence we should look at our own gov.
I think many saw through Hitler's "goals or plans" but couldn't speak out against it.

The world is becoming multi-polar. The biggest news is not deflationary fears for China, Ukraine or anything else. The biggest news is whether Saudi Arabia will be able to exercise sovereignty over their trade or will they heed to the threat by the White House and go back to selling all their oil in dollars. That's the development to watch.

Our economic might is built on the ability to print dollars and buy real goods with paper money. [like issuing a credit card and buying stuff with that card without the need to pay it off] It's a very good deal invented by the Nixon Administration. Once that is gone, we will become just an ordinary powerful country, not the exceptional country that we are currently.

Their problems is another reason why they may want Taiwan.
No, taking over Taiwan means the tech industry will die, along with all US / Japan based trade. The main reason Taiwan is valuable is it cross both sides as a "bridge", unlike Hong Kong, it is more culturally than financially, and it leverage the buying power between the 2.

Taking over Taiwan is valuable for military reason (breaking the 1st island chain), and the "unsinkable aircraft carrier" next door. It wouldn't create synergy in economy or loots in natural resources.

Smartest post here. The small workforce due to family planning rules and the mishandling of the pandemic (no assistance) has put China in a far worse position than much of the world, especially us...

From a 60,000 feet perspective, inflation is a natural result of full employment, increased demand; deflation is a general decline in demand.

People who think our economy is bad have another guess coming.

Wishes and fairy tales. Most people would be impressed by the amount of $1 Trillion yet the government is about to pay that much for interest on the national debt annually.

In the near future, interest payments on the debt will exceed defense spending and will eventually exceed Social Security and Medicare. That’s frightening.

No, taking over Taiwan means the tech industry will die, along with all US / Japan based trade. The main reason Taiwan is valuable is it cross both sides as a "bridge", unlike Hong Kong, it is more culturally than financially, and it leverage the buying power between the 2.

Taking over Taiwan is valuable for military reason (breaking the 1st island chain), and the "unsinkable aircraft carrier" next door. It wouldn't create synergy in economy or loots in natural resources.
..PRC has made it clear they have a plan to take Taiwan, have been rehearsijg, and will take Taiwan, whatever the perceived cost.

Western nations (corporations)have bowed down to China at every crossroad. Can't think of a single example of a western nation (corporation) not folding to China. One can't upset their banker.

One high profile examples include Microsoft.

Microsoft stopped all support for windows seven,.to force migration to later version of the operating system. It was estimated well over 95 percent of windows seven in use were pirate copies. Yet when a security vulnerability came out in Windows seven, Microsoft provided a fix for all the pirated.copies in China. Lots of things to grasp in that story.

The world is becoming multi-polar. The biggest news is not deflationary fears for China, Ukraine or anything else. The biggest news is whether Saudi Arabia will be able to exercise sovereignty over their trade or will they heed to the threat by the White House and go back to selling all their oil in dollars. That's the development to watch.

Our economic might is built on the ability to print dollars and buy real goods with paper money. [like issuing a credit card and buying stuff with that card without the need to pay it off] It's a very good deal invented by the Nixon Administration. Once that is gone, we will become just an ordinary powerful country, not the exceptional country that we are currently.
News is meant to inform. Regrettably, almost all news is used not to inform, but to influence. We should think twice about using the label news for what is being broadcast and published. Almost all of it is a information campaign meant to influence, not inform.

Back