Check out my post at Dieselstop.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just replied to a post about bypass filters and stated my expierence about how well my Frantz's have been working... Well.. you just have to read it.. Just thought you might like a "Chuckle" about the reply to my post.. It just goes to show the frustration we bypass users have to go through when expressing our enthusiasm about the benefits of bypass filters..
shorter clicky version

[ July 10, 2005, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

That was a decent thread. Nobody got too excited ..lots of varied and alternative points of view, IMHO. Everyone appeared to justify their use of the respective filtering systems they employ.

quote:

Originally posted by Mykro:
I just replied to a post about bypass filters and stated my expierence about how well my Frantz's have been working... Well.. you just have to read it.. Just thought you might like a "Chuckle" about the reply to my post.. It just goes to show the frustration we bypass users have to go through when expressing our enthusiasm about the benefits of bypass filters..
shorter clicky version

Well since you want to drag that post in here, I responded to you and asked some questions to understand the tranny filter and you never responded. I wasn't asking that question to be controversial, i was asking it because i've been considering a better bypass filtration for my 4R100 in my PSD.

The other thing was what flow rate does the Frantz used as a fuel filler support? My concern is that it may be a restriction to the proper flow of diesel. Is that so horrible to ask? Sounds like a legitimate concern to me. Of course, you didn't answer that one either.

Now going on to a couple things Larry said. Your diesel filter turning black...in all honesty, that means nothing, they all do with time. Larry mentioning you finding tiny metal in tranny filter, well Larry can be short of a 6-pack in his thinking sometimes. But you will probably find the sam metal in a Magnefine filter or the magnet in the drain plug. It just happens the Frantz caught it. Anyway, how about going back and answering my questions at the diesel stop.

Hammer

quote:

Originally posted by Hammer:

quote:

Originally posted by Mykro:
shorter clicky version

Well since you want to drag that post in here, I responded to you and asked some questions to understand the tranny filter and you never responded. I wasn't asking that question to be controversial, i was asking it because i've been considering a better bypass filtration for my 4R100 in my PSD.

The other thing was what flow rate does the Frantz used as a fuel filler support? My concern is that it may be a restriction to the proper flow of diesel. Is that so horrible to ask? Sounds like a legitimate concern to me. Of course, you didn't answer that one either.

Now going on to a couple things Larry said. Your diesel filter turning black...in all honesty, that means nothing, they all do with time. Larry mentioning you finding tiny metal in tranny filter, well Larry can be short of a 6-pack in his thinking sometimes. But you will probably find the sam metal in a Magnefine filter or the magnet in the drain plug. It just happens the Frantz caught it. Anyway, how about going back and answering my questions at the diesel stop.

Hammer

Hammer,

I have P.M'd you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back