Charter Arms Pathfinder 22lr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Red91
About the only new gun I can afford that halfway meets my interest is a cobra derringer

That's a very low budget gun. You don't get much, if anything, at that price range. You need more money. Period. Save up longer, adjust your expenses, sell some unused stuff on eBay. I could look into my garage and find thousands of dollars worth of stuff to sell today, if I needed to free up some money. So that's my advice. You REALLY want to stay away from a Cobra and other similar priced guns. Try to free up some money and try again later.

I like my S&W Model 18 I have had for forty six years. Box, unopened tool kit, wax wrapping paper and S&W owners' manual. Also brochure on S&W ammo. Looking for a relative to give it to but no one seems interested.

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
I like my S&W Model 18 I have had for forty six years. Box, unopened tool kit, wax wrapping paper and S&W owners' manual. Also brochure on S&W ammo. Looking for a relative to give it to but no one seems interested.

A 4" Combat Masterpiece in .22 and NO ONE is interested!?!?

That's a shame. It's a beautiful gun. A classic.

Uncle, is that you?
smile.gif

Throw it on gun broker. Good condition, they get a fortune. Like $700 or $800 or more.

Can we see a photo?

I like my S&W Model 18 I have had for forty six years. Box, unopened tool kit, wax wrapping paper and S&W owners' manual. Also brochure on S&W ammo...

The ammo brochure is interesting. Because it sounds like it was one of the first printed after S&W got into the ammunition business. S&W purchased Alcan out of Alton, Illinois in 1972. And produced ammunition from 1973 until 1981.

heritage roughrider 22lr also comes with a 3.5” barrel new for $150. it has a birdshead grip and could be concealed with the correct holster. you may be able to find a ruger bearcat 22lr used for shy of $300, it is eminently concealable. the only derringer worth buying is by bond arms, and at $400 it isn’t worth it just in 22lr. for $150 new you really cannot beat a heritage roughrider, check out utube, just loctite its screws. spend $20 more for a 22wmr cylinder and with handgun-specific speer or hornady 22wmr ammo you will have a credible protection piece.

I bought my Rough Rider used 15 years ago for $99 with both cylinders. I wish I would have spent the extra $50 to buy the new one with adjustable sights sitting next to it. It has been a good gun, it just shoots a little left of the point of aim.

I have one and it is a decent quality little wheel gun for the money.
The down side is that it is only a 6 shooter and of course a Charter Arms.
22 shot shells are good at extremely close range against snakes or rats.
22LR is plenty deadly especially with head shots so it can work for self defense when used in a revolver but personally i would rather have a 8 or 9 round revolver
for that purpose.

I got a 22. Bought a JP Sauer & Sohn Texas Marshall single action six shooter from my grandmother. Hundred dollars, and shot 50 rounds through it yesterday. Fun gun that shoots just a tad high, and is tight and well made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back