Charlotte Motor Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gebo
I wish they'd remove the restrictor plates and let them run. Like Earnhart Sr said, "All you gotta do is lift your foot if you get scared." That's what I'm talking about....

They only run restrictor plates at Daytona and Talladega. xFinity ran them as part of their high drag package at IMS this year. Cup ran them at NHMS after the deaths of Adam Petty and Kenny Irwin in 2000.

Cup does run a taper spacer under the throttle body which reduced horsepower and changed the overall powerband. For the most part engine builders and tuners have recovered a lot of the lost power. The engines are roller cam now which some say also loses power, but increases reliability.

Great points Bdcardinal. Martin had such bad luck for a long time there and could just about never catch a break. Remember the Richmond snafu with Clint Bowyer spinning himself out to bring out the caution?? And who got left out of that chase deal?? Yeah Martin Truex got left out. He did not do anything wrong himself. Yet he got knocked out of the chase as a punishment to MWR and Jeff Gordon got put in. Which I agree with putting Jeff in. But Martin should have been in that chase as well in my opinion. As to equipment.. It's not like Kyle Busch drove for Germaine racing or Petty Motorsports... He has always been in top level equipment. Same with Kyle Larson. I would say that absolute pure driving "talent" Kyle Busch really is the best out there today. I have seen him do things that others just could not do. And yet that tapered ear fool pulls it off rather often.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back