Changed Camry's battery today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with the Super Start Extreme from Oreilly. a East Penn.
After advice here I decided to get a power pack with 12V cigarette accessory and a OBD2 memory saver. Just in case. I worry way too much! Plus I can carry the pack when we travel.

It works great. I hooked it up to the OBD2 connector. Popped the hood, removed the negative post first. Then wrapped it in cloth as a precaution. Next the positive post and hold down.
Removed old OEM battery then cleaned the battery cables with a brush.
Installed the new battery, put positive on first. Then the negative.
Then I disconnected the life support, everything saved!!!

Started right up with no issues.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Was there a price associated with it?

Battery cost $125.00. The Power Pack $40. I can use it for other things so the cost was not just for the battery change. The OBD2 cable was $20. I notice a "J" label on a battery in the back. I scooted a few over grabbed the freshest one. Then put them back in rotation. I am a stinker.

Oh, forgot sprayed the cables with NOCO after the install.

OH that's good. There's always the little battery savers, felt washers you can install. I put those on both cars and they worked like a charm. Only a few bucks from NOCO.

I only ever needed those washers on Exide batteries.
No other batteries make crust like those exide.

Yes, one is an Exide from Rural King, $55 or so which is 4 yrs old.
The Camry came with a JC one that had some gunk on the positive terminal. Plus the top of that battery creates a bigger mess than the Exide. Looks like a dog fight happened on top of it with the mess. Prob do a WM $48 value one for next time.

Good deal man. I am going to get a East Penn for my car from Federated Auto parts for my car. It's only $117. Not too bad at all. I got a Walmart battery for my lady's Camry which is doing fine. But the first one I picked up there at the store had battery acid fly up and out from the top of it. Nearly hit me in my right eye. Landed on my right arm and burned it and burned three holes in my jeans where I wiped it off. Had a tag that stated it was made in Saudi Arabia. Obvious not a good circumstance there.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Good deal man. I am going to get a East Penn for my car from Federated Auto parts for my car. It's only $117. Not too bad at all. I got a Walmart battery for my lady's Camry which is doing fine. But the first one I picked up there at the store had battery acid fly up and out from the top of it. Nearly hit me in my right eye. Landed on my right arm and burned it and burned three holes in my jeans where I wiped it off. Had a tag that stated it was made in Saudi Arabia. Obvious not a good circumstance there.

Thats not good! Yikes.
This is the company:
http://www.mebco.com/Pages/default.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back