CCW holders and law abiding residents of Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
{video removed due to profanity}

Please share this video... this type of behavior from a LEO is completely unacceptable and quite frightening. This guy should not be allowed to own a firearm, let alone "serve and protect."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Cops are people just like the rest of us.

Some are good honest people that do their jobs in a professional manner.

Some are complete douchenozzles.

Guess which category this cop falls into?

That was just sad. I've never heard so much filth come out of a officer's mouth either. You might want to remove it due to BITOG rules with that kind of language.

I have several friends that are police officers and they wouldn't be able to stomach that guy for a minute. They are professional beyond measure.

I generally support LEO's as having a few in my extended family I know the stress that the job can bring down on them....But this guy is past it...he has clearly burned out and needs to be removed from the force.

When it becomes berate and belittle instead of protect and serve, thats a real problem waiting to explode.

Wow.

I've practiced law for twenty five years, and imo the quality of police work has steadily declined over that time, pretty much in lock step with the rise of para military swat teams, tactics, weapons, and attitudes.

This man, really both of them, have no business being cops. Cop #2 is just as bad imo - he should have stopped #1 as he increasingly went out of control.

Threatening to put a gun to the head of a handcuffed prisoner who poses no threat (video at 09:05)? If that's not a crime in Ohio, it should be.

Just wow.

Okay Guys I've had to remove the video link since it does violate the rules here. PLEASE make sure BEFORE you post something that its family friendly.

Now to the subject on hand. As a CCW for decades this clown (the one wearing the uniform as I will not ID him as a police officer) needs to see only one place for the next few years and that is a cell. His threats alone would score him some time if the justice system was worth anything.

Sad.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

Yeah I saw that on a 1911 forum and a local forum. Frankly it made me sick to my stomach. Have we come to this?

I have to say there are more than enough bad examples of cops and how they treat CPL holders in my own state. :gack:

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
It's sad how many cops are such worthless pieces of garbage. May bad things happen to him.
11.gif

The cop acted poorly and out of control. Some of the things he said were absolutely unacceptable, and the fact that he lost his cool like that is unprofessional and unbecoming of a police officer.

That said,

-How do we know that the driver wasnt soliciting a prostitute and her pimp? Notice the mixed races in the car (nothing wrong in and of itself wrt that), and the fact that the officer mentioned that there is only one reason to be at those cross streets. Am I supposed to not believe that there is unsavory stuff going on there?

-The driver claims he knows the girl, and was driving around in the middle of the night looking for street sweeper truck phone numbers?!? An older man with at least one rider who was born in 1987??!? Quite an age discrepancy for them to be friends going on a night cruise.

-While the officers do not approach the guy for at least five minutes, there was apparently one officer IN the car for MANY minutes leading up to then. It looked like the officer was searching for contraband, and I think the video mentions that in text. Why didnt the driver have the sense to tell the officer entering the car that he has a CCW? IS the driver stupid?

-I can sort of see the officer's point that the one officer was IN the car, while this guy, who had questionable motives being there and then, is sitting with a gun in his belt, just a few inches from the officer's head. Now, anyone with any sense would realize that if this guy shot the officer in the car, his positioning is so poor that it is almost guaranteed that the other officer would be able to destroy the guy with the gun. But who knows the situation?

-The CCW holder was stupid, period. He did the right thing when approached, but the fact that there was another officer IN the car searching, and the guy didnt tell that officer the situation before that officer entered to search the car indicates to me that the guy has little sense. That said, based upon my limited number of traffic stops, Id have thought that the officer would have asked if there is anything that the guy needs to tell him or declare before he enters the car. Im assuming that the cop doing the search didnt offer up such a question.

So critical analysis of this indicates to me that the cop is wrong and the guy was stupid. They were both wrong, the guy wasnt given the time to talk at first before the cop blew up, but the guy had ample opportunity to disclose to the other officer.

Im all for the right people getting CCW. This gives a black eye to the holder as much as to the cop, IMO.

I'll just contribute my standard "I hate cops" comment.

Also, in the 21st century it's not that unusual for people of mixed race to do things like ride in a car together.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I'll just contribute my standard "I hate cops" comment.

Also, in the 21st century it's not that unusual for people of mixed race to do things like ride in a car together.

So it's not a little shady that an older man has a couple people born in 1987 in a car with him, in an area known for prostitution, with a girl that is a known prostiute, in an area of town that isnt apparently the best? Listen to the commentary from the basis of an open mind, just the way the cop talks about the area that they are in, at the streetcorner that they are at, etc.

I was never implying that people of different races cant/dont/shouldnt be in a car together, and I'd hope that you could recognize that. But that said, there are enough oddities (they arent his wife/son/daughter/girlfriend) that there is some shady business potentially going down.

Im not saying the guy is guilty, but if someone is at an area known for illegal activities, with a girl with prior arrests for soliciting, in the middle of the night, isnt that a bit shady? And to find phone numbers on sweeper trucks as a way to get a job??!? Doesnt bell still distribute phone books and cant most everything be found on google?

I dont know how convictions for prostitution work, or if there is a basis for "guilt by association". I hope to never get close enough to a prostitute to have to know. But listening to the commentary with the other people that were in the car leaves me with some questions into the motives of the situation in general... And once doubt comes into play, then the guy isnt all squeaky clean and doing things by the book 100%.

But the argument here isnt about mixed races or prostitution. And my comments still hold, the cop did wrong/bad things, and the guy was stupid as he had ample opportunity to take it upon himself to alert the officer that was IN his car. It didnt have to take 5-10 minutes to get to the point where everything blew up.

1987 is 25 years old. It's not like they were teenagers. They could have been coworkers, friends or any number of things. My wife and I are both 26 and last night we were hanging out with a couple of black guys in their mid 40s. One of them is even married to an Asian girl in her thirties. Amazingly the women were not whores and we weren't doing any drugs. We were riding around in a car late at night through some bad areas because that's the way the GPS took us. God only knows what horrible things the police might have thought if they pulled us over...

Yeah, the guy was an idiot and the cop needs to be put in jail (population) for a long while. We can agree on that.

Youre speculating as much as I am.

Innocent until proven guilty for sure... And she walked because there was no probable cause in the end. But Im just saying that it seems like the officer was putting two plus two together based upon knowledge of the area and the people involved.

You deny that it is shady situation? OK, whatever.

Of course the guy was looking for a hooker. Totally stupid and REALLY stupid while carrying.

BUT even IF they were in the middle of the DIRTY DEED, the penalty is not to be "executed by my 40". The stupid cop told the hooker and the pimp guy to just go, get out......hmmm.... not much of a case there, I guess.

This coming from a guy who rarely preaches moral relativism (me!). What the cop did in this situation simply is like comparing a NK soldier wafting a fert in the general direction of SK, vs NK launching a full out thermonuclear device attack.

JH - the cop lost it, he's unstable, he's frothing - you don't need to defend him. It's not worth it. Your type of defense only allows more cops to do the same, and makes crime even worse in the long run.

Oh I really don't care to defend the cop. He did loose it, and should be punished severely because it is unacceptable to behave that way even if a gun is involved.

My point was merely intended to show that while the intent of the video is to show how horrible the cop was and how it pulls away CCWs rights/security when police are involved, slightly more critical viewing of the video shows several "odd" things (if the guy was out with old friends at applebees until 3am, he could have said so right away), and that the guy DID screw up. No excuse for him to not tell the officer in the car, even if the other one was engaged with something else.

No excuses for the cop, but I'm not sure the other guy is bright enough for a ccw given his behavior pattern.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Okay Guys I've had to remove the video link since it does violate the rules here. PLEASE make sure BEFORE you post something that its family friendly.

Bill

Oh...sorry. Won't happen again.

This is rather simple. That man lacks the self control required to be a police officer, to the point where he may be a danger to the public at some point. He needs to find another line of work.

in wichita ,ks we have some bad egg cops. i dont know their names else i would list them. friend of mine spent 6mo in jail cause of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back