Cataract Surgery

I'm now using a 1.00 pair of reading glasses to read with. I think after Tuesday July 13th my eyes will be better than 20/20.
This past Wednesday I went for a 1 week checkup on my left eye. I was reading letters 2 lines below what is required for 20/20 vision. My eye Dr. stated it was similar to 15/20 vision.
Man, I can't until my right eye is corrected (July 13th).

Looks like Mom gets to go through this.

Anyone that's had this done, did you go with the standard or toric lenses?

BTW, I have a very good memory of that song played over an AM handheld radio, 49 years ago.
Just listened to it with a pair of Probably about as big a difference as your eyesight.

WOOHOO! Both of my eyes received their diplomas today!

Attachments

• EYES.jpg
    EYES.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 17
1) Congrats Blue. Going by the video you posted 5 posts above you now see in black & white?

2) Mine will be my right eye. There was no cataract in my left and my right is my astigmatic (bad) eye. How's that for efficiency?

3) Our Mom had both done one month apart. Same triple ya-hoos everyone here is saying. She never needed eye drops.
Yes, I hear some procedures, both cataract and Lasik etc., require drops -possibly forever. I think it's random.

3a) I'd find Mom in the window holding colorful things in bright sunlight just to be able to take in all the color she had been missing.

1) Congrats Blue. Going by the video you posted 5 posts above you now see in black & white?

2) Mine will be my right eye. There was no cataract in my left and my right is my astigmatic (bad) eye. How's that for efficiency?

3) Our Mom had both done one month apart. Same triple ya-hoos everyone here is saying. She never needed eye drops.
Yes, I hear some procedures, both cataract and Lasik etc., require drops -possibly forever. I think it's random.

3a) I'd find Mom in the window holding colorful things in bright sunlight just to be able to take in all the color she had been missing.
1) Thank You Sir! I see everything very vivid.
2) I too have an astigmatism in my rt. eye. But, my Dr. said it's nothing to worry about. That's why she did my left eye first. It was worse than my rt. eye.
3) I had to start (3) different eye drops 3 days prior to each operation and am to keep using them 4 times a day until they are gone. Two are antibiotics, the 3rd is a steroid.
3A) My vision has been corrected so well that everything is still in color, just not as hazy and blurry anymore.
I went for my rt. eye post op appt. today and was already reading 20/40 with my rt. eye.
My left eye, I'm reading fine print at 20'. J/K, but I did read 2 lines below what is required for 20/20 vision.

I get my left eye done Aug 17. My right eye has perfect vision for distance now. Standard surgery on both eyes.

Now that it's complete,invest in some quality sunglasses 😎 Protect the investment you've made in yourself!

I went to the eye Dr. this morning and was told I need cataract surgery in both eyes. Anyone else have this surgery done before? Any input is greatly appreciated.

My wife had her first eye done last Monday. She was very nervous and anxious. After the brief surgery she wanted to do the second eye the next day. A week later and she is doing great. We go back tomorrow for her second eye. She is excited to see again! She said it was the easiest surgery she had ever done. Here doctor has done over 7,000 eyes! I think she was in good hands.

Just my $0.02

Now that it's complete,invest in some quality sunglasses 😎 Protect the investment you've made in yourself!
I wear NEMISIS #5 lens smoked safety glasses. They're great when you're in a white room with a welder. They protect the eyes from getting flash burned.
I showed them to my eye Dr. She said they far exceed the glasses that she gives out.

nemesis black safety glasses - Google Search

Back