Castrol Edge - Rebate makes it worth a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed today when I was at Advance Auto that Castrol Edge shelf price is $6.49 a qt vs. $6.99 for Syntec. Guess they are trying to get people to give it a try. At that price, plus the $15 mail in rebate Castrol has going now through 12/15/09 if you buy 5 1 QT bottles or more, I decided to give it a try for my '08 Volvo XC70. It requires an ACEA A5 5W30, and I've been using Syntec 5W30.

Just thought I'd share the rebate info. I had registered on Castrol's web site a while back to receive promotions via email, and thats how I found out about it.

Yep, check the product promotion forum. Not only can you get the $15 rebate, but Advance Auto also has a $10 off $25 coupon you can use. I bought some last night.

Originally Posted By: drewjp
...but Advance Auto also has a $10 off $25 coupon you can use.

Rats... Didn't know about that. Add that in and Edge is really cheap... probably cheaper than Dino.

If you get a rebate for trying their new oil then go for it dude!!! Here in California "Edge" is very expensive compared to even M1 "Extended" (at least two bucks more/quart). Syntec is comparable to the standard M1 so I'm more inclined to use Syntec at least.

Durango

Originally Posted By: jesbo
Originally Posted By: drewjp
...but Advance Auto also has a $10 off $25 coupon you can use.

Rats... Didn't know about that. Add that in and Edge is really cheap... probably cheaper than Dino.

Yeah, I couldn't pass it up.

5 quarts at $6.49 ea. = $32.45 - $10 AA coupon - $15 Castrol rebate = $7.45 for 5 quarts!! Only $1.49 per quart!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back