Castrol EDGE Extended Performance 0W-20 meets MB 229.71 (6/9/2020)

I think this last version is same everywhere. But yes, before they had several different versions. Mostly difference was due to logistics bcs. geographical location of manufacturing sites.
Now they have one more version, Super Car, but it seems more marketing trick than real difference compared to regular 0W40.
It is definitely more than "several."

1610314050773.png

Bcs. numerous factors between those oils and application of same. Numerous topics on both oils here. You can research.
I’m well aware of these two oils and this just shows the flaws in what you’re using to determine what oil is the best. If you can’t say Castrol 0w-40 is better than M1 0w-40, you can’t do the same for the 0w-20s as you don’t have the compete information for either sets of oil and can’t base it solely off of base oils from SDS, oil Analysis and PDS.

I rest my case

I’m well aware of these two oils and this just shows the flaws in what you’re using to determine what oil is the best. If you can’t say Castrol 0w-40 is better than M1 0w-40, you can’t do the same for the 0w-20s as you don’t have the compete information for either sets of oil.

I rest my case
I am not sure you understand this. You want simple answer and someone else to do work for you.
Grow up, you are apparently adult.

Sure, but I am not sure there is difference between them. In order to comply with regulations in each country, if country has specific regulations, they have to have specific SDS.
But, what I was referring is that there was a real difference in product few years back between markets. Now, not so much.
I filtered the search to PDS sheets so the listing you saw were all PDS sheets. And most contained some differences.

It is not insult. It is guidance. You are constantly asking questions and want answer bcs.. lazy to do work.
I offered to you a bit, but now it is time to do your own work.
Lol, no. Those questions were specifically asked and showed the flaw in what you were basing your argument off of.
According to you M1EP 0w-20 Is better than Castrol because of the PAO content, yet, you can’t say the same for the 0w-40 when the PAO contents are listed in the thread. Castrol 0w40 has more POA than Mobil but yet you can’t say it’s better. Why is that? Different application and viscosity grade shouldn’t change your criteria on what’s a better oil.

Lol, no. Those questions were specifically asked and showed the flaw in what you were basing your argument off of.
M1EP 0w-20 Is better than Castrol because of the PAO content, yet, you can’t say the same for the 0w-40 when the PAO contents are listed in the thread.
I can say whether Castrol 0W40 is better or not. I have been saying that for years here. Easy to find here on this thread. Just because you woke up this morning that does not mean world owes you answer. Actually if you just search some threads below this one, you might stumble on the answer.
Do not be lazy.

I can say whether Castrol 0W40 is better or not. I have been saying that for years here. Easy to find here on this thread. Just because you woke up this morning that does not mean world owes you answer. Actually if you just search some threads below this one, you might stumble on the answer.
Do not be lazy.
lol, you equating this to being lazy is hilarious and proves my point further.
Have a great day!

Do you get your facts straight, edyvw. You had to eat your ideas of no VWXY without a majority PAO in SDS and you need to eat some more obviously. Try dining calmly to really enjoy.

lol, you equating this to being lazy is hilarious and proves my point further.
Have a great day!
Of course. You think you are entitled to simple answer. If you stumbled to this subforum few days earlier, you would get an answer.
And what point is that? You never had a point here. You just asking questions.

Of course. You think you are entitled to simple answer. If you stumbled to this subforum few days earlier, you would get an answer.
And what point is that? You never had a point here. You just asking questions.
Lol at the entitled to a simple answer.

According to you M1EP 0w-20 Is better than Castrol because of the PAO content, yet, you can’t say the same for the 0w-40 when the PAO contents are listed in the thread. Castrol 0w40 has more POA than Mobil but yet you can’t say it’s better. Why is that? Different application and viscosity grade shouldn’t change your criteria on what’s a better oil.

I’ll specifically state my point. Your logic to determine that M1 0w-20 is better than Castrol 0w-20 is flawed. If it wasn’t, you’d be able to state Castrol 0w-40 is better than M1 0w-40, based on the date/information/criteria you’ve used in this thread to state M1 0w-20 is better. You’re just not wanting to answer because it proves your criteria is flawed. Not that I’m lazy or “entitled to an answer”.
I will not be responding to your nonsensical responses about being lazy or being entitled, those are just cop out responses to try and make you feel better.

Lol at the entitled to a simple answer.

I’ll specifically state my point. Your logic to determine that M1 0w-20 is better than Castrol 0w-20 is flawed. If it wasn’t, you’d be able to state Castrol 0w-40 is better than M1 0w-40, based on the date/information/criteria you’ve used in this thread to state M1 0w-20 is better. You’re just not wanting to answer because it proves your criteria is flawed. Not that I’m lazy or “entitled to an answer”.
I will not be responding to your nonsensical responses about being lazy or being entitled, those are just cop out responses to try and make you feel better.
LOL, I do feel good bcs. based on this thanks to me you just learned about HC and PAO.
Here is something else: GTL and Esters.
After you digest that, we can move to sulfated ash levels between M1 0W40 and Castrol and how that affects their application.

LOL, I do feel good bcs. based on this thanks to me you just learned about HC and PAO.
Here is something else: GTL and Esters.
After you digest that, we can move to sulfated ash levels between M1 0W40 and Castrol and how that affects their application.
Lol, you have no idea of my knowledge level pertaining to base oils, additives, and technical specifications. To think you do is ignorant. If this is what you need to feel good, I’m glad I can help you out and help you sleep at night. Just don’t dream about me.

Last edited:
Lol, you have no idea of my knowledge level pertaining to base oils, additives, and technical specifications. To think you do is ignorant. If this is what you need to feel good, I’m glad I can help you out and help you sleep at night. Just don’t dream about me.
Sure.

Back