Castrol EDGE 8 X better Wear Protection than Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Originally Posted By: buster
Called Castrol @ 800-255-4417.

An independent lab tested Royal Purple, M1, Valvoline and Edge outperformed all of them on the ASTM Seq IVA wear test........

PP was not tested?

Yes, Lance's PP tested clean, again... His PP is always tested.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Wow.
If you guys would spend a fraction of the time with your wives that you spend on this site, you might wet your dipstick a little more often.
27.gif

Women dig a man who knows a thing or two about lube...i think you need to learn a thing of two.

Women dig a man who doesn't need any lube...

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
ExxonMobil just posted another 45.2 billion in profit in this "recession" how are they doing it with oil prices in the tank? Making Mobil 1 with Group 3 oil instead?
grin2.gif

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/090130/earns_exxon_mobil.html?.v=19

Does that upset you that XM is one of Americas premire corporations? Don't you wish all companies were that profitable? I do. Then we wouldn't se so many people out of work and struggling to get by.

According to the Edge bottle, it's suitable for 15000 mile oil change intervals. Looks like Castrol is positioning Edge against M1's "Extended Performance" line. The Syntec probably will be the "regular" Castrol syn oil.

If that's the case, shouldn't Castrol test the Edge against M1's EP line rather than the plain 'ol Mobil 1?

Aww, buster beat me to it... Oh well, here it is anyway:
1.jpg

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT COUNTRY IT'S MADE IN AND WHAT COLOR IT IS...

Also, I think everybody's gonna faint when PP comes out and shows just how many times better it is. They're going to have to use exponents.

Last edited:
I just bought a 6 qt. case of Castrol Edge. Problem is I've got a 7 qt. sump.

If I mix in 1 qt. of M1 which I already have, how many times better is it still than just straight M1.

Or if I go out and buy a couple more qts. of Edge, and over fill by 10%, would it just be better cause it's 8.8 times better than M1.

Sorry, Noobie... didn't mean to hijack thread.

P.S. - as far as the ad goes I'd rather see the banned PETA commercial.

Originally Posted By: buster
They are running a Super Bowl ad...

centerText.jpg

They're going all out in this claim. I bet this is 8 X more expensive than a Mobil 1 commercial.

Sucks that it's not German. I was really hoping for greatness. It's probably just an oil engineered to do very well in seq. IVa tests... After all, these days oil sales are based on just how much better at that an oil is compared to M1.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Sucks that it's not German. I was really hoping for greatness.

There's not enough profit in greatness.

Originally Posted By: Boomer01
I just bought a 6 qt. case of Castrol Edge. Problem is I've got a 7 qt. sump.

If I mix in 1 qt. of M1 which I already have, how many times better is it still than just straight M1.

Or if I go out and buy a couple more qts. of Edge, and over fill by 10%, would it just be better cause it's 8.8 times better than M1.

Sorry, Noobie... didn't mean to hijack thread.

P.S. - as far as the ad goes I'd rather see the banned PETA commercial.

Oh, feel free....that was funny. 2nd on the PETA ad, but because I'm Vegetarian.

If the superbowl add says Edge shows 8x better wear results then this info is likely to be true. Broadcasting that nationally on one of if not thee most watched broadcast with out proof can't be done by a sane company.

We gotta get some VOAs and UOAs!!!!
I am going to run it (5w30) three OCIs then I will get a UOA to post up here.
I will buy the UOA. If anyone wants to buy a kit to send in a VOA, I will have half a quart left over I could send ya.

What advertiser ever really proves anything in a commercial, they must all be insane. I guess their proof is the independent testing. And if a company as established as BP goes after a company the size of XOM you can bet they've got their ducks lined up to keep them out of court.

Maybe that high UOA M1 iron we've seen comes out of the valve train...

Humm, I'm starting to see a trend...
whistle.gif

valvoM1.jpg

1.jpg

Maybe Quaker State will be next to challenge the 800lb gorilla?
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back