Castrol EDGE 8 X better Wear Protection than Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that it will be on sale for a good price soon enough. I'm willing to see how it holds up to fuel dilution in my DISI MazdaSpeed 6.

Dang, I've got 30 quarts of German Castrol. It will be awhile before I will need any.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I sense a new "Product of the Month" for BITOG..... PP will shortly lose its crown.......

Not if it stays in the $35/5qt jug price point.

Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
Dang, I've got 30 quarts of German Castrol. It will be awhile before I will need any.
33.gif

I bet it will be out in the EDGE formulation over here by the time you need more. They should have included 0W-30 in the product launch. For the Wow power alone.

Make it green and make it better. That would make us happy.

$7.99? That is Amsoil ASL/series 3000 territory with a PC membership. I dont think I could pull the trigger knowing I could get Amsoil for the same price range

Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
$34 bucks for a 5 quart jug at W.M. Mobil 1 is at $26 and P.P. is at $23.

$36 at W.M. near me. They did move the M1 jugs to a premium aisle-header location with a big $26 sign since last week. Wonder if Mobil is throwing some bucks WM way for the placement.

Originally Posted By: hooligan24
$7.99? That is Amsoil ASL/series 3000 territory with a PC membership. I dont think I could pull the trigger knowing I could get Amsoil for the same price range

You are assuming Amsoil is better???
I will wait to see my results, UOAs, and VOAs to make my mind up.

From my UOA's, I have nearly no wear metals at 3k miles. I am currently trying 6k+ OCI. baby steps. I am happy with what I am using and feel no need to change what I have been doing. Ya, I guess that means I am assuming amsoil is better.....for me and my appication

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
33.gif

Doesn't GC meet more stringent mfg specs than Edge anyway? I wonder how many times GC is better than M1 on an IVA test. :)

I dont think it matters these other companies can prove these claims or not. Maybe the brains at Exxon/Mobil will just get to work and make their oil better. I am going to buy some anyway, not a lot of course, but a quart here and there will not be as painful as buying a lot of it at once.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jason8691
I dont think it matter is if Mobil 1 can prove or disprove their claims. Maybe they will just get to work and make their oil better.

Hahaha... They will just ignore it all and let the silence speak for itself. DENY DENY DENY ... Works for the Government why not BIG-OIL?

They will have to say something, because two other companies have made claims against their product. If everyone else gets half as stirred up as the people on this board, they will see a drop in sales and be forced to act.

Maybe they need to hire some new formulators.
LOL.gif

Quote:
Even if it turns out they don't have a technical problem, they sure as heck have a marketing challenge.

It's not really that expensive. Real car/truck guys will smack down a few extra dollars for a super premium oil. Heck, look at what people pay for [censored] additives like Prolong et al.

I predict the VOA will look just like Gold GC. No moly and a shot of magnesium. Speaking of GC, I'd grab all I could in case it's discontinued to avoid paying Edge prices for what we already use, GC.

I just bought 6L of M1 5w20 for the Expedition. Yep, you guessed it, I don't really care. I've been using this stuff for 15 years with good results in my Ford products. I'm not about to deviate from that now because of some marketing from their competition.

Maybe they'll send me a hat
wink.gif

-Chris

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
Originally Posted By: hooligan24

You are assuming Amsoil is better???
I will wait to see my results, UOAs, and VOAs to make my mind up.

For the same money, I'll take Amsoil every time.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: Brett Miller
For the same money, I'll take Amsoil every time.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

+2. Made in the USA.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I just bought 6L of M1 5w20 for the Expedition. Yep, you guessed it, I don't really care. I've been using this stuff for 15 years with good results in my Ford products. I'm not about to deviate from that now because of some marketing from their competition.

Maybe they'll send me a hat
wink.gif

-Chris

Good oil choice. Might want to bump up to M1 5-30 next time in your 4.6. My Merc 4.6 has 205,000 miles on M1 5-30 & 10-30. I guess I'm old school, just can't get used to 20 wt. oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back