Carvana experience

Good question ^

To update my post from before, Carvana has now opened a massive, brand new processing center here. It dwarfs Drive time, Carmax, and all the auctions. They even have paint booths...yes booths with an s. No telling how many lifts and alignment racks. It is huge and every bit of it brand new from the ground up.

It's funny dealing with their parts people on the phone though, some seem to have no experience at all. I took a call from a lady there wanting an oil seal on a Kia...she had the VIN, someone at least taught her that much, but as soon as I asked which oil seal, she went "uhhhhh," and I described the different seals that hold oil. Still no go, so she set off on the phone to find the technician who she apparently had never met or seen before. She's asking people which way to go and what their names are, then finally finds the tech. He tells her he needs the oil pan gasket, which I tell them is sealant. I offer to look up the Kia/Threebond sealant, but they declined, apparently already having RTV. They have also asked for a turbo oil feed line on a car with no turbo. The stuff they do buy, they pay for and keep though. We go out there twice a day sometimes just for Kia parts and have had no issues aside from confusion over what they need.

I would consider a vehicle from them. Given that they are still snatching up every low mile 2010-11 2.3 Ranger available I'll probably have to if my 02 Ranger kicks the bucket anytime soon.

I think it’s a neat model. I was looking for a very specific make/model/trim and Carmax and carvana excelled here because of their large infrastructure. The sale went to Carmax, who in general was $800 cheaper on everything I looked at, compared to carvana. I think I had a total of three cars shipped in, some at cost and one at no cost, and bought the third. I also bought the extended warranty thru Carmax, which paid for itself. Their inventory and website makes the looking around part very convenient. If carvana uses a similar approach with after-sales care, their niche of coming to you could be very attractive to some. And, theres probably a percentage of buyers who might not otherwise buy the car if it were on a lot, but once they have it, get used to it after 3 days and decide to keep it.

When selling your car to Carvana, are there any hidden fees that one needs to be aware of?
Let me answer my own question, based on what I've been able to find on their website/chat:

Q: Is there a fee for selling/trading in?
A: We pride ourselves on transparency, so we don't have any hidden fees associated with trading in or selling your vehicle to Carvana!

Back