Car dealer refuses warranty work, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a blown speaker, poor reception, noise and static or does it just not sound good to you? If your like me with a tin ear it doesn't matter how good or bad the unit is it all sounds about the same anyway.
I damaged my ears badly with a BB Alcohol car I played with many years ago so nothing sounds good, you might be in the same boat.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Save yourself the trouble and get rid of that car ASAP. The Cruze is one of the biggest lemons on the road. The radio problem is just the beginning.

LOL

The dealer cannot replace the radio or other electronics without a clear failure diagnosis. They are required to obtain authorization before being allowed to even order the parts. It would seem your unit doesnt meet the replacement criteria.

Bose blows!! I remember their home speakers back in the 80s were total garbage.

But,I will say,the Bose system in my 87 Trofeo sounded incredible!!

I was disappointed by the Bose system I had in one of my cars too. I've found the Harman/Kardon systems to be much fuller and better sounding. Heck I even had a couple with Pioneer and they were probably better.

WOW. after that i think Chrysler and GM are having a race to the bottom of the barrel.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Sound is subjective. That's probably why they are running the other way. Even Bose systems in cars and for the "casual ear". A good sound system can cost several thousand dollars-to do it right.

I have Bose in my Sierra-and it sounds OK-not great-just OK. It sounds like the OP should have bought a higher end vehicle.

With all due respect-the OP is probably considered a "pain" by now and they dealer doesn't want anything to do with him.

I can tell you that all that heard both the Sony system in our 2015 Explorer Sport and the Bose system in our Tahoe picks the Bose hands down. It is of course a well insulated and quiet vehicle …
Our Cruze is all aftermarket kit …

I'm quick to hate on the anachronistic inconvenience that is the franchise auto dealership.

However, comma, you really need to present a specific problem in order for anyone to be able to offer any assistance to you.

This is also true in healthcare, going out to eat, and drycleaning, among other things.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: CKN
Sound is subjective. That's probably why they are running the other way. Even Bose systems in cars and for the "casual ear". A good sound system can cost several thousand dollars-to do it right.

I have Bose in my Sierra-and it sounds OK-not great-just OK. It sounds like the OP should have bought a higher end vehicle.

With all due respect-the OP is probably considered a "pain" by now and they dealer doesn't want anything to do with him.

I can tell you that all that heard both the Sony system in our 2015 Explorer Sport and the Bose system in our Tahoe picks the Bose hands down. It is of course a well insulated and quiet vehicle …
Our Cruze is all aftermarket kit …

AS mentioned above-I had a Harmon Kardon system in a Subaru-it was the only good thing about the car.

What are you listening to? Mp3? Mp4?
Same tracks?
On or from what device and what type of cable?
Everything the same compared to previous vehicle?
This can make a difference.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Crutchfield sells thats insulation for your door panels to quiet your interior from road noise.

We own 3 Hondas and are accustomed to road and tire noise. We just turn up the stereo and drive on.
smile.gif

Dynamat alone with dampen attenuation of sheet metal via mass loading … it’s expensive and heavy and I’ve seen folks use multiple layers when there is a cheaper way. Apply a single layer and then come over that with closed cell foam …
(3M is a good one)
Both are scissor cut peel and stick products …

When I did the front doors and floors in the Canyon (just a carpet flap over … not console) … for the first time I could hear noise behind me … so had to do back doors and back wall too … much better … and the Infinity speakers like it too …
(Install at that time)

Originally Posted By: Spider
I bought a new 2017 Cruze here in Toronto, it has problems that the dealer refuses to acknowledge exist so they won't address them.

The most obvious example is the PREMIUM 9 speaker Bose entertainment system in my car that is so bad it would be comical if it weren't in my car but someone else's.

Can you please actually explain what is wrong with the entertainment system?
Is a speaker blown?
Does it lock up when you try to access a different part of it?
Does it rattle the door when you crank up the sound?

Right now, the only thing I can recommend for you, since you have provided nothing but complaints, but not actually described any actual symptoms, is that the next time you are in the market for a car, buy a used Mercedes S Class if you expect a premium vehicle for your dollar spent.

BC.

When I worked at a BMW dealer I had a lady complain to me as well as my new car manager about how bad the base audio system sounded in her 2 Series convertible; she lectured us on how much of an audiophile she was and how even her passengers remarked on how bad the system sounded. It turned out the lady lived out of state, bought the 2er out of state, and was only at our dealership because she was on a road trip and the oil service light had illuminated. I politely listened and pointed her towards Bavsound- and I refrained from asking her why she didn't audition the base audio as well as the H-K system when she bought the car in the first place.

To answer a few questions posed by board members.
I drove a new Cruze for 2 years and was happy with it, test drove a 2017 and liked it but not this particular vehicle as it was on the display floor. Yes I have more problems than the radio but this particular problem is obvious to anyone who listens to it except, apparently, dealership service people. No one speaker seems to be the problem as far as I can tell except the 2 large speakers on the rear package shelf seem to be contributing very little to the sound even if I adjust the system to full bass and prime location at the rear of the cabin. I am trying to find a shop here in the Toronto area (with a population of 3 or 4 million people) that can or will provide a third party assessment of this system.
Thanks for your input

Those rear deck speakers are listed as bass only at crutchfield. I don't know what the pass band of the crossover is on that system or what you are listening to. It could be that the music you are listening to doesn't have much output at those frequencies. I think that setting the listening position to the rear would make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back