Car club cars

LDB

I regularly think it would be nice to have a car that has an active club, like a Mustang, or Mini or GTI or something, and get to go participate in things like when the Minis drove the Mackinac Bridge. Any thoughts/opinions/experiences with which cars have the best owner groups and best/most activities to potentially participate in? It would need to be comfortable as an only car as I can't afford a second. It would become my daily driver.

The problem is a question like this is way too dependent on the clubs in your local area. I wouldn't buy a car based on the clubs, buy a car you like, and then find people locally who share the same interest. I have a lot of car guy friends, many of us have different vehicles, but it is a good group which is what is the most important.

I regularly think it would be nice to have a car that has an active club, like a Mustang, or Mini or GTI or something, and get to go participate in things like when the Minis drove the Mackinac Bridge. Any thoughts/opinions/experiences with which cars have the best owner groups and best/most activities to potentially participate in? It would need to be comfortable as an only car as I can't afford a second. It would become my daily driver.
BMWCAA

My next door neighbor never owned anything but GM vehicles... until he had to buy a Model A to join the local Model A Club.

He joined the Model A Club for the people... not so much the vehicle. It takes some getting used to, to drive on the open road at 40-45 mph.

I have been involved with the Western Washington Firebirds, The Car Club Challenge (a bracket racing club, the had a Ford group, import group, F-body group, W-body group) and the Pacific Northwest Holdens. I don't much with any of them these days, but it was usually a good time. These day there is local Kitsap Cars Enthusiast Club. Just lots of different brands and people who like cars.

I thought you were actually referring to people who own a “Club Car”

My 1981 Comutacar was originally designed by Club car

The BMW CCA is the largest single-marque car club in the world; there are dozens of chaptes as well as special intrest groups devoted to certain models. The national organization and local chapters conduct -0among other things- HPDEs, autocrosses, and concours. Theres also a popular Club Racing program.

Back