Can I use heat to loosen a Mag Lite battery cap?

I know it's off already BUT don't the Maglight end caps thread on the inside of the body? Heating that would make it tighter correct?

A couple heat and cool cycles to break it free with some penetrant or the vinegar as said.

Otherwise I would say warm the whole light (oven at 125F?) and then cool just the endcap with ice or an upside down duster can for the liquid.

I know it's off already BUT don't the Maglight end caps thread on the inside of the body? Heating that would make it tighter correct?

A couple heat and cool cycles to break it free with some penetrant or the vinegar as said.

Otherwise I would say warm the whole light (oven at 125F?) and then cool just the endcap with ice or an upside down duster can for the liquid.
Yeah, more like a plug than an outside cap.

I did buy an LED 2, AA battery on Ebay for $17.49 plus tax, with free shipping though!
But I am still fixing the old one too!
It's a project!

If its battery leakage I've had good luck with Maglites by soaking the end in hot water. What battery manufacturer? Some may replace the light if their batteries leak. Duracell for one.

Paco

If its battery leakage I've had good luck with Maglites by soaking the end in hot water. What battery manufacturer? Some may replace the light if their batteries leak. Duracell for one.

Paco
I don't know who's battery is was. Yes, It leaked and stuck them in there.
I do have one of them out so far though.

Got it out.

Attachments

• Mini Battery AA.jpg
    Mini Battery AA.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Mini Battery AA 2.jpg
    Mini Battery AA 2.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 7
I've had Maglite flashlights forever. Dependable and reliable and they work even after being dented from handling accidents. Most importantly, made in USA. Have a 2AA next to my chair and a 3D in my car door pocket. My best half has a 2AA on her dresser. Somewhere my 6D that's 47 years old is lurking. Great lighting tools.
I like them! Always have always will, unless proven otherwise!

All Done!
Thanks Guys!
Shout OUT!!! to Kira for sending me the mag light bulbs!
All set!
Had to jerry-rig a new contact on the switch button.
J B Welding wire lnot place.jpg
S2 12345.jpg
S1.jpg

Back