Cameras With Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Originally Posted By: bunnspecial
Originally Posted By: sleddriver

BTW, I have the accessory batt. + vert shutter button unit for the F100 as well. Really like that I can use AA's from anywhere rather than some unique, OEM, $$$$ battery that will eventually die and become unobtanium maximum.
The F100 doesn't require special batteries without the grip-it just uses 4 AAs instead of 6.
I understand. Again that was a key feature when considering it. The previous owner had the grip, and threw it into the deal.

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

In any case, apparently there is ALSO a battery holder that will let you use 2x CR123As in the F100. I've never seen one, but I might have to look for one. CR123s aren't in the "available in the middle of nowhere" category like AAs but are reasonably common. They would have a weight advantage over alkaline AAs but probably at the expense of battery life. Of course, lithium AAs would also be lightweight and don't require a special holder.

The F100 came along in the early days of the mature internet(and also when digital was only really viable for certain applications), and there are still a lot of period reviews of it out there. It can be fun to go back and read about it from the viewpoint of someone in 1999 or 2000. It was a hot camera back then, and I think that the continued love for it is still well deserved.

The F6 is a better camera than the F100 in almost every way and only weighs a little bit more, but these days a nice F100 is $200 and an F6 is $1K+ used. I WANT an F6, but I'm not in a hurry to get one.

I started out in film photography a year ago and itched digital completely, i am extremely happy with my decision.
I have a Minolta X-700 with various accessories and lenses, basically a full semi-pro outfit inherited from my father.
Luckily i have access to a very good studio in my city that does C-41, B&W, E-6 and even B&W Reversal processing, from 35mm to large format.

Minolta X-700 with Motor Drive 1 and MD 24-35mm f3.5 lens. by Argentum Enim in Sempiternum, en Flickr

I wet my feet with 20 or so rolls of C-41 colour negatiev and now shoot mostly Fuji Provia 100F and Velvia 50 and some black and white, the satisfaction i get is so much more than i ever got from digital.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Anything analog (film photos,vinyl records,etc) blows away anything digital.

That includes tube amplifiers for music and amateur radio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back