Caliper Slide Pin Accordion Boots

My 1996 Civic with 320.000 km is with factory grease on left front caliper and it works well.
One month ago I replaced the piston on the right caliper because it was coroded and the dust boot was damaged.

... you lightly grease the slide pins. Too much can lead to issues.

I've read many recommending a good chunk of grease! Not trying to argue but is there a consensus on this subject?

I have always wanted to see a service manual to confirm but have used a moderate amount ... definitely much more than "lightly" but also way less than some good videos I've watched. lol

I've read many recommending a good chunk of grease! Not trying to argue but is there a consensus on this subject?

I have always wanted to see a service manual to confirm but have used a moderate amount ... definitely much more than "lightly" but also way less than some good videos I've watched. lol
I put as much grease as I can on each pin, but each pin will only hold so much grease.

Permatex says to use a "small amount". Can't find instructions (online) for other lubricants, but to me "small" doesn't mean "glob it on heavy".

I put as much grease as I can on each pin, but each pin will only hold so much grease.
I'm also a heavy greaser. The bellows of the accordion boots I treat as surplus storage.

Aside from hydro-locking the pins from bottoming out, or blowing out the boots, I don't know what problems may lie in overdoing it.

I'm also a heavy greaser. The bellows of the accordion boots I treat as surplus storage.

Aside from hydro-locking the pins from bottoming out, or blowing out the boots, I don't know what problems may lie in overdoing it.
Yeah it's just the hydro-locking that you gotta watch out for. That and those little rubber things that look like cut pieces of vacuum line. I found out that they have to be bottomed out all the way before they'll let you push the pins in all the way. I had to push them in with a punch.

Yeah it's just the hydro-locking that you gotta watch out for. That and those little rubber things that look like cut pieces of vacuum line. I found out that they have to be bottomed out all the way before they'll let you push the pins in all the way. I had to push them in with a punch.

Even with the moderate amount of grease I put on the pin, I have to turn it slowly left and right while pushing so the grease doesn't come out. At the very end (the final push), small amount of grease comes out of the boot which I clean. Then I push the pin all the way in and out several times to make sure no more grease comes out and the pin is moving freely.

Back