Calif. Car Duster longevity

Examine your paint under a swirl finder light in a DARK garage and report back.
I could see that on expensive show cars but all mine have been drivers. My California Duster is at least 20 years old and still does a great job. I’ve used it on my 87 GN, my 65 Barracuda and now on my wife’s 2008 Solstice GXP. It’s called a California ‘Duster’ for a reason…Here’s mine.

IMG_1425.jpeg

IMG_1423.jpeg

never washed mine, but i only use it to dust off the car if it's been less than 7 days after a wash and wax to remove that light dust only. after that i think it'll scratch because it has too much dust on it and it needs a wash.

Reactions: hrv
I have one but only use it for dusting the dash, console and other interior areas. Works really well for that.
I never use it on the paint.

The only time i use mine is for light dust, not dirt. Been using it for 20 + years on 6 black cars and trucks and a black HD. Trick is to use a lite touch.

I have one but only use it for dusting the dash, console and other interior areas. Works really well for that.
I never use it on the paint.
I second this notion completely. I have one for my dash, interior and they seem to work better as they age, but it is certainly a no-go on paint for me. A rinseless wash solution 64:1 ratio and a soft microfiber towel is my go to for light dust removal.

Back