BYD going up market.

An interesting article from CNBC. They appear to be getting it right.

"
To compete with Chinese brands such as BYD, Woychowski contends traditional automakers must learn, unlearn and change quickly.

He said companies such as the Detroit automakers each have a century of procedures, standards and other workflows that they must rethink to better compete against Chinese automakers before vehicles such as the BYD Seagull land on U.S. shores.

"You have to learn. You have to unlearn and you have to do it quickly," he said. "Because you've been doing something for 100 years, doesn't mean you should keep doing it. It's no longer appropriate."

"You have to learn. You have to unlearn and you have to do it quickly," he said. "Because you've been doing something for 100 years, doesn't mean you should keep doing it. It's no longer appropriate."
Spot on. It seems this point falls on deaf ears.
If you want to do something different, that requires change.
If you want to do something new, that requires change.
If you want to do something better, that requires change.

And change is the only constant.

That could never happen in the US, they'd be gradually picked off and taken over the southern border to be resold.
That is sort of happening in the US there are 10’s of thousands of corporate owned Ford trucks sitting in various fields across the nation. Seems like I get reminded by a new article on the same problem once a month for the last 3 years.

Sort of reminds me of 2009.

Yep. Pixel Pro 6. I have 7 phones on my account. One is a iPhone the others are 'droids.

They shoulda called it the GoogolPlex.
I rotate back and forth between Android and Apple. I considered the Pixel this last time and got the iPhone 14 Pro Max. Previous was the OnePlus 8.

Back