Burning Coolant without loss of coolant?

I can smell coolant burning when the car is on, and the temperature commanded is hot on the thermostat (with or without the hvac on). However i dont see any coolant loss at the overflow bottle, nor the radiator.

I checked the plugs and they are normal as well. Is this anything else i Should be checking regards to the cooling system?

The symptoms point to the heater core or something in its box. Maybe a loose hose connection/clamp. It may be a pain to get to just to look.

Can you smell it under the hood? Long shot but you may want to take a look at the water pump weep hole. This wasn't showing marked coolant loss but it had happening for a while. Because of the engine driven cooling fan the tell-tale coolant smell wasn't noticeable. Discovered when I did the timing belt (LS400).

20180822_203627_resized.jpg

Where to begin. If no coolant shows on in or under the vehicle barnyard experience points to either the radiator or the water pump. This subject has been dealt with here many times, also YT is a source of info. Goood luck

Where to begin. If no coolant shows on in or under the vehicle barnyard experience points to either the radiator or the water pump. This subject has been dealt with here many times, also YT is a source of info. Goood luck
new rad and thermostat. Ill check the wp
The symptoms point to the heater core or something in its box. Maybe a loose hose connection/clamp. It may be a pain to get to just to look.

Can you smell it under the hood? Long shot but you may want to take a look at the water pump weep hole. This wasn't showing marked coolant loss but it had happening for a while. Because of the engine driven cooling fan the tell-tale coolant smell wasn't noticeable. Discovered when I did the timing belt (LS400).

View attachment 200350

I can smell coolant burning when the car is on, and the temperature commanded is hot on the thermostat (with or without the hvac on). However i dont see any coolant loss at the overflow bottle, nor the radiator.

I checked the plugs and they are normal as well. Is this anything else i Should be checking regards to the cooling system?
I had this happen on our 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was the oil filter housing. I replaced it with an all aluminum unit from Dorman, and the burned coolant smell stopped.

Now, what kind of vehicle (all details) is yours?

Back