Bruceblend®0w10 MolyFree Stealth Formula 2500m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KA426
I'll pass. I actually like my engine lubricated.

LOL did you read this UOA?

yes I'd love some...it would prob go in the vortech 4800, 2007 gmc 4.8 v8. I don't put enough miles on my jeep to run this. I drive the gmc about 200mi a day...

Originally Posted By: KW
Gary, aren't you using a high volume oil pump? My 4.0 has very bad hot idle oil pressure with anything less than a 40 weight. A 10 weight would likely seize my 4.0 at hot idle.

I have one on my 4.0. The 2.5 is stock ..but the stock pumps are the same for both engines. I've got 2/3 the engine ...so I guess you can say I've got a low(er) volume engine using a standard volume pump.

Now my 4.0 can't process hot oil above a 20 grade. 30 grades slam up against the relief soon of idle.

The OEM 4.0 pump wasn't enough for me 10-12 hot idle, 24 warm/hot highway ...42 cold max. It was probably unnecessary ..in fact, I'm sure of it ..but we always know best, right?
55.gif

Originally Posted By: Taylor
yes I'd love some...it would prob go in the vortech 4800, 2007 gmc 4.8 v8. I don't put enough miles on my jeep to run this. I drive the gmc about 200mi a day...

First I'd start with off the shelf 5w-20 since it's something that you can easily get your hands on. Run a few reasonable length OCI/UOAs and see what you see.

I didn't get here over night from 5w-40 (well, in this engine - I sorta did).

Originally Posted By: KA426
I'll pass. I actually like my engine lubricated.

LOL did you read this UOA?

Really. This UOA clearly shows an engine that is about to self-destruct.
smirk2.gif

Bruce donated time/material/brain power for the experiment. I really doubt that it's for sale and I really can't imagine what it would cost if you really had to pay for it. Pondering the price, if you factored all things considered, I can understand why some stuff is so expensive ..and I wonder how Molecule ever brought products to market at the price he did. He must have worked for very little for the hours invested. He did have the advantage of offering a fixed product offering ..but this is Bruce manipulating various stuff with his sophisticated blending software and coming up with an (at the time) untested product. There isn't even a commercial offering to mimic and improve upon, AFAIK. He's pioneering in, AFAIK, uncharted territory.

My zinc is about 1400ppm due to adds, so really not to far off.

Ah, Taylorblend 5W20.
grin2.gif

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: bruce381
Not for sale, 5 gallon pail would be $5.73 quart.

And if we didn't PayPal you the money, you wouldn't ship it to other guinea pigs, right?

:D

Well, I surely cannot speak for Bruce, so this is just opinion, but IF he would ever put a price on this to "make it worth his time" ..that is, it wasn't for his personal interest/entertainment value (aka "fun" in working outside the box of commonality), you probably wouldn't be willing to pay it.

Think of someone who's the head blender for Amsoil ..and then ask him if he wants to become a dealer.....

Originally Posted By: pickled
Heck that guy could probably make more $$ as a dealer Gary...He'd be a regency platinum type dude with minions for sure!!

Perhaps (in time), but he's a blender/tribologist ..not a sales rep.
21.gif

Ahh that was my error technical + sales experience...the holly grail for all who seek wealth and prosperity! It doesn't hurt to have a smilin' bob logo by your Avatar either.

""Is that just the material costs?""

Thats what I charge

""And if we didn't PayPal you the money, you wouldn't ship it to other guinea pigs, right?""

I do not understand your post, this is not for sale I do not want money so no I will not send it to other guinea pigs unless I want to and if I do its free.

I have fun on this site and as such will continue to send "stuff' to people I like, hate, do not agree with or for just fun.

When this is not fun anymore you will not see me anymore I will be on to new "fun" stuff.
bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back