Brand New Jeep Cherokee Catches on Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: das_peikko
They should have installed an automatic fire extinguishing system.

With cars that stop themselves, keep you in the lane, have 10 airbags, etc, I'm surprised an on board fire suppression system has not been made standard by now.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: 02SE

Your constant and unwavering FCA hate, and Ford fanboy posts on multiple sites, say otherwise.

I guess it was sometime last summer, when I was reading those type of comments on several sites, and then noticed those comments were posted by the same user name..

My advice: Get out and enjoy life.

My advice to you: stop the Internet stalking. Some of us have strong preferences. Others do not. Last time I checked as long as one is following the rules of the site they are posting on their opinion is just as valid as others.

I was a member of this and the other boards I'm referring to, long before you. When you are a broken record of FCA bashing, and Ford fanboy troll comments everywhere you post, eventually people notice. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

I was a member of this and the other boards I'm referring to, long before you. When you are a broken record of FCA bashing, and Ford fanboy troll comments everywhere you post, eventually people notice. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Doesn't bother me in the least bit. I could care less what most people think.

My 2014 Durango has been one of the most trouble-free vehicles I have ever owned. She has nearly 89,000 miles and has only needed a TPMS sensor that failed a few days after I drove her off the dealer lot. If a meteorite landed on it tomorrow (preferably with me not in it,) I'd buy another one the next day. I use to be a Honda fanboy but walked away from them after getting stuck with an '08 Accord that was a poor excuse for a car.

Every brand has their lemons but for me, its how the dealer and manufacture treat me when something fails under warranty. The wife's Journey has had two hiccups and Dodge was fantastic about taking care of the problem(s). In my opinion, Honda could learn a thing or two from them when it comes to customer service. Just my .02

To each his own.

I once read here that being brand biased is the most expensive way to live. I tend to agree with it now. Good and bad stuff comes from all companies and to say otherwise is just not the case.

Various oil, filter, vehicle, tool, gun, electronic, beer etc. brands appeal to me. I am not set on one brand when shopping for something. (Aside from my Folgers coffee!!
laugh.gif
)

If I was in the market for a small 4x4 for example, I'd look at Wranglers and Tacomas. Guns, I'd check out say Glock and Sig. You all get my drift.

Last edited:
I never thought I'd see a thread where a Ford owner thought another brand was garbage.

Ford is not a bottom barrel brand, but they are far far far from being a shining example of reliability or quality.

Just ask anyone with a DCT Focus, one of the Ecoboosts that ate it's engine due to a failed water pump, a Powerstroke that ate it's fuel system due to HPFP failure, or ate a rear diff, etc, etc, about how great Ford's are. That's just the recent issues.

Ford has turned out plenty of vehicles that belong on a "Do not buy" list.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

You can add most Volvos and/or Landrovers made during their Ford tie-ups. I have a pre-Ford Volvo (actually I've had many), and I have a Ford era Landrover (having had 2 flawless pre-Ford era Landrovers). The only stuff that routinely breaks on that vehicle has FoMoCo stamped on it. Prior to the LR we looked at a *heap* of Volvos, but they all had serious Ford related issues. Out of the frying pan and into the fire as they say. I'll stick with my Belgian made, Ikea hauling fridge on wheels.

On the other hand, my old man had a nice Ford 2002 Explorer when we were in the Middle East, and it was a pretty nice vehicle. What we call a "Wednesday" car. While those around him were breaking down, his just kept going.

We did look at Jeeps, but out here they rate worse than Landrovers. The old saying is if you want to go into the outback in Australia, you take a Landrover. If you want to get home again you'll want a Landcruiser. If you want to be left on the side of an obscure road to die in the heat, "They bought a Jeep" (my wife had one of them when I met her, and despite a total electrical failure, fragile and expensive to repair gearbox and several major suspension related issues, she loved it!).

My $0.02. Anecdotal at best.

FWIW my wife has a 2017 Jeep Cherokee 2.4 and it's had something in the shifter controller replaced, but no other issues. A supplier can produce a rash of bad parts and that's what the warranty is for. For me, Chrysler has been good. I represent the big three in the cars I currently own and they all are excellent with no inherent problems. Even the Y2K 4.6 Mustang is very reliable.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I never thought I'd see a thread where a Ford owner thought another brand was garbage.

Ford is not a bottom barrel brand, but they are far far far from being a shining example of reliability or quality.

Just ask anyone with a DCT Focus, one of the Ecoboosts that ate it's engine due to a failed water pump, a Powerstroke that ate it's fuel system due to HPFP failure, or ate a rear diff, etc, etc, about how great Ford's are. That's just the recent issues.

Don't forget about their engine with defective timing chain guides with timing chains on both side of the block.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
The fact this guy is in the military is COMPLETELY irrelevant to his new vehicle burning up.

Huh? Who mentioned any connection between the military and the fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back