Brand New Jeep Cherokee Catches on Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
You couldn’t give me an FCA product.

Well, nobody else puts 707HP in a relatively reliable 4x4 either. Our Durango and JGC have been pretty reliable, but they are both shared platforms (the same platform) with Mercedes, somewhat similar to the Charger/300/Challenger/Magnum situation.

I guess I’m just a practical kind of guy. I don’t need 707HP. Now when I was 18, I would have said otherwise.

I don't think anybody needs 707HP, but it's fun if you enjoy that kind of thing. I enjoy that kind of thing, just like I enjoy precision rifles and network gear. To each their own, that's why these things are produced in limited numbers
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010

This

Apparently, Fusions go POOF in an instant also! https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car...isk/1001090001/
3c4a7c80-e17c-11e6-9962-5052a95ccdf3r.jpg

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Fusion/2013/electrical/car_caught_on_fire_while_driving.shtml
"I bought a ford because I thought I would be getting a reliable vehicle to get me through my college years and beyond. I have had no complaints about the vehicle until it started on fire the week after Christmas......I am currently fighting with ford, I am about a month into it and still car less and becoming more and more frustrated with the whole thing. If anyone can offer any advice or has dealt with a similar issue with their ford please comment."

The skeletons in the closet are revealing.

Lest we forget the Ford cruise control switch fire recall, which was massive. Honda had a rash of vehicles catching fire due to the O-ring from the oil filter sticking to the block.

The 66 Doge Dart V8 I special ordered turned me off forever with Chrysler. Hamtramck junk.

GM also had vehicles catching on fire with the heated windshield washer fluid things.

No other vehicle to me offers the comfort, style, heritage or capability as a Jeep/LR. GM or Ford haven't made off road capable midsize SUVs in years.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Donald
The reliability index by Consumer Reports has Jeeps at bottom of the barrel. Why would anyone buy one? I liked my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was very reliable after I replaced the engine at 96k.

Why did engine need replacement ?

Piston skirt cracked and finally a chunk fell and jammed the engine. Catastrophic engine failure. One of the connecting rods was no longer connected to the piston.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: E365
“U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 152,300 automobile fires per year.”

152,000+ car fires per year in the US. Pretty safe to assume every model from every make has caught on fire at some point.

https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/By-topic/Property-type-and-vehicles/Vehicles

Yup, this will probably be happening more frequently across the board. More electrical stuff + cheap thin wire = toasty fire.

My thinking as well.

They pretty much install a full computer (including screen) to a car now....

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
The 66 Doge Dart V8 I special ordered turned me off forever with Chrysler. Hamtramck junk.

Would that also include the Chevy Volt-currently built there now?

Kinda feel like you're taking a stab at Michigan there...since my dad helped build GM cars there for over 20 years...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje

Would that also include the Chevy Volt-currently built there now?

Kinda feel like you're taking a stab at Michigan there...since my dad helped build GM cars there for over 20 years...
frown.gif

That must have been some car, over 50 years later and he's posted about it at least 100 times.

This

This * 3. Nothing they make is worth owning.

Originally Posted By: itguy08

This

We know. The same folks come out and say the same thing in every Chrysler bashing thread.

This

Why don't all you wise men share what you are driving with us so we can take some shots at your rides. I have owned 87 cars and trucks in the last 50 years. The 4 best of the lot are 3 Rams and my current Charger. Oh, Silver Fusion, the 2010 Fusion I bought new for my wife tops the list as the worst of the worst. Kept that piece of garbage for less than a year.

Last edited:
Who asked for their opinion? LOL They must be attention deprived...

As a Cherokee KL owner, I'll wait and see if I get a recall notice. Nothing life changing.

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake

Why don't all you wise men share what you are driving with us so we can take some shots at your rides. I have owned 87 cars and trucks in the last 50 years. The 4 best of the lot are 3 Rams and my current Charger. Oh, Silver Fusion, the 2010 Fusion I bought new for my wife tops the list as the worst of the worst. Kept that piece of garbage for less than a year.

Sure -
2010 Taurus SHO - 122k flawless miles
2011 F150 Ecoboost - 83k flawless miles. Tows our travel trailer great.

Some will say they are junk. That's fine. My self worth is not measured by the vehicle I drive. Bash them all you want. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Joint Base Lewis-McChord fire department put out the flames.... 30 minutes later?!?!?

Most likely their total time on scene.

I started this thread not as a bashing thread but just a FYI for Jeep Cherokee owners. It has taken a different course though. I am not a fan of Fiat but I see no need to fan flames either.

Sure -

Some will say they are junk. That's fine. My self worth is not measured by the vehicle I drive. Bash them all you want. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Your constant and unwavering FCA hate, and Ford fanboy posts on multiple sites, say otherwise.

I guess it was sometime last summer, when I was reading those type of comments on several sites, and then noticed those comments were posted by the same user name..

My advice: Get out and enjoy life.

Sure -

So I guess you measure your self worth by bashing the vehicles other people drive. Or maybe you are a troll that just enjoys throwing out derogatory comments about other peoples vehicles and sitting back waiting for the inevitable responses. Just for the record, Fords were by far the worst vehicles I have owned over the years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 02SE

Your constant and unwavering FCA hate, and Ford fanboy posts on multiple sites, say otherwise.

I guess it was sometime last summer, when I was reading those type of comments on several sites, and then noticed those comments were posted by the same user name..

My advice: Get out and enjoy life.

My advice to you: stop the Internet stalking. Some of us have strong preferences. No secret I believe Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, and Jeep should join the annals of automotive history like the other junk brands that are no longer around. Last time I checked as long as one is following the rules of the site they are posting on their opinion is just as valid as others.

Last edited:

So I guess you measure your self worth by bashing the vehicles other people drive. Or maybe you are a troll that just enjoys throwing out derogatory comments about other peoples vehicles and sitting back waiting for the inevitable responses. Just for the record, Fords were by far the worst vehicles I have owned over the years.

I don't believe I've bashed anyone's vehicle in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back