Brad Penn HD select 15w40

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjm

Just cureios if this stuff is as good as the reading on the web says it is. Really like the fact that its made in the usa hard to find that anymore. Just started using it in all of our farm equip. Anybody been using it for years? any probs? pros cons etc.?

If the oil has the API classification your equipment calls for, and is the appropriate viscosity; you can't go wrong.
For a more in-depth discussion on cost/benefit ratios, look up posts from dnewton and Doug Hillary. You will be far ahead when you spend your maintenance dollars if they are your guide.

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
I smell something weird here.

Six threads?

Its five threads and five different questions. If you don't have a valued answer then maybe you shouldn't respond. The hole point of threads is for advice thats what there here for. Thanks for the people that understand it dosn't bother me if someone has more then one question. The only stupid question is the one not asked

All your threads are basically asking the same question.

I'm not the only one who's pointed this out to you.

But to answer all SIX threads:

Yes, BP 15w-40 is a fine conventional HDEO -- just like a lot of other 15w-40 HDEO conventionals are, too.

Yes, BP 15w-40 is as good as B.Penn claims it to be -- just like all the other reputable HDEO measure up to their claims, too.

Yes, it's nice that BP 15w-40 is made in the US -- just like most of the other HDEO's are, too.

And yes, Rotella T6 outperforms a conventional HDEO in some ways, but costs more money. Use it if you need that extra level of performance. Last I checked, it's made in the US, too.

Originally Posted By: wjm
Just cureios if this stuff is as good as the reading on the web says it is. Really like the fact that its made in the usa hard to find that anymore. Just started using it in all of our farm equip. Anybody been using it for years? any probs? pros cons etc.?

I would be interested in looking at your VOA and UOA's on the oil.

k thanjs realy apreciate just worried about varnishing with paraffin base

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
All your threads are basically asking the same question.

I'm not the only one who's pointed this out to you.

But to answer all SIX threads:

Yes, BP 15w-40 is a fine conventional HDEO -- just like a lot of other 15w-40 HDEO conventionals are, too.

Yes, BP 15w-40 is as good as B.Penn claims it to be -- just like all the other reputable HDEO measure up to their claims, too.

Yes, it's nice that BP 15w-40 is made in the US -- just like most of the other HDEO's are, too.

And yes, Rotella T6 outperforms a conventional HDEO in some ways, but costs more money. Use it if you need that extra level of performance. Last I checked, it's made in the US, too.

Ditto.

In the legal profession, there is a phrase essentially stated as "Asked and answered." It means there is no reason to repeatedly, redundantly ask the same question over and over, or rephrase it slightly differently so as to appear "different" while not being substantially so.

I would kindly ask that you seek more info before posting another similar question, and then be much more specific if you have an issue that eludes you. It is true that we are here to help, and learn from, each other. But your posts border on trolling, to be frank. I have even PM'd you about this, sir (or to be fair, ma'am, since I have no ability to distinguish gender from what are presumably your initials ...) We want to be inclusive; we want to be a welcoming body. But we don't appreciate being taken advantage of. There is a subtle, but distinct, difference. If you intent is pure, then I offer sincere appologies; if not, your time is short lived.

To answer this topic in finality:
- Brad Penn is fine oil. So are many other brands.
- If you're not grossly extending your OCIs, you don't "need" syns.
- Plenty of evidence in the HDEO UOA forum for you to peruse.
- If you REALLY want to know just how good it is in your specific situation, do some UOA trials and then contribute to our collective knowledge and database!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back