Bosch Distance Plus D3330 10k miles cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Bosch Distance Plus D3330 came off ov a 2017 VW Jetta 1.4TSI, 10k miles on the filter, 30k on the car. Oil was Castrol 5w40.

I put another D+ 3330 and some more Castrol 5w40.

The ADBV was cut like almost all that I cut open, but not all the way through, and one of the metal end plates came loose from the glue. I don't think it affected proper operation though.

Most of these I cut open had louvers, but this one had holes.

!1.jpg

!2.jpg

!3.jpg

!4.jpg

!5.jpg

!6.jpg

!7.jpg

!8.jpg

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
iirc, the filtering capacity of the Distance Plus is not very good...

The Bosch Distance Plus is highly efficient filter. It's the Wix XP that's pretty poor (relatively).

According to the box, (take with a grain of salt), it's 99.9% efficient and can hold something like 29g of crud. That being said, there's no way I'd run that filter 10k on a new car. 5k sure, but not 10k on something I planned on keeping outside of warranty. Just too many filters with better construction. Only saving grace of this one is that it was likely a clearance filter from Walmart for $1.50 or less. And from the pics, that's about all it was worth initially, not $12.99 like it originally cost.

Looks OK. I'm still not inpressed with cuts in ADBV.

I'd be unhappy especially if i paid retail for this filter too

Thanks OP for cut and post
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder

The Bosch Distance Plus is highly efficient filter. It's the Wix XP that's pretty poor (relatively).

Bosch DistancePlus Oil Filters are high efficiency and high capacity oil filters ... It goes the distance with a 99.9%* efficiency rating to remove more dirt and is ... *Based on ISO 4548-12 at 40 microns on D3500 **Compared to conventional filters.

40 microns !!! :)

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder

Bosch DistancePlus Oil Filters are high efficiency and high capacity oil filters ... It goes the distance with a 99.9%* efficiency rating to remove more dirt and is ... *Based on ISO 4548-12 at 40 microns on D3500 **Compared to conventional filters.

40 microns !!! :)

Yeah, at 40 microns is not "high efficiency" relatively speaking.

Originally Posted by FlyingVan
The ADBV was cut like almost all that I cut open, but not all the way through ...

Looking at the cut impressions in the ADBV, I'd say almost 1/2 the flow area of the inlet holes were blocked by the ADBV. I don't that's a good thing.

[Linked Image]

They have a baseplate & can like a tank, it's a shame the media (and deburring of baseplate holes) can't be better. I never thought they were worth $12.99 (nor did I ever pay that).

I believe I paid $3 a filter on clearance at Wal-Mart. I have 4 more than on to fram ultras.

For $3 they are ok. None of them tore, so I'll run what I have.

Last edited:
I don't see an issue judging by the pics. The end cap, of course, wasnt off inside the can so that's a non issue. It held up fine

I don't know why you guys are doggin' these so much....

there really isn't anything wrong AT ALL with what I see in these photos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back