Bombardier xps full-synthetic replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I own a 2003 Bombardier Quest 650. The dealer only sells BRP XPS 4 Stroke Full-Synthetic oil. No specs on the bottle. No ratings. Only -40 to 40 degrees Celsius. $17.00cdn for 1 liter. Any other alternatives?

Take a look at amsoil. They make a great 4 stroke oil that would work great in this bombardier (10W-30) Synthetic Formula 4-Stroke Marine motor oil (10w-30). The BRP is listed in the applications section for this oil as well.

Last edited:
yeah. i will take a look but probably not much cheaper. Do you think it would be a superior product?

Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
Take a look at amsoil. They make a great 4 stroke oil that would work great in this bombardier (10W-30) Synthetic Formula 4-Stroke Marine motor oil (10w-30). The BRP is listed in the applications section for this oil as well.

+1

Oh yeah. Amsoil makes some great lubes. I have had a few friends that swear by their marine 4 stroke oils. I have only used the two stroke line and other non marine 4 stroke offerings. Amsoil is one of the premiere synthetic oils right up there with RL.

Some one must make bombardier's oil. I will spend the money on it if is a great product but if there are better oils out there for less I would rather buy them. I guess an oil analysis of Bombardier's oil would tell me.

Alot of folks use Shell Rotella T in their ATV's and are happy. We can get 0w40 synthetic at Canadian Tire for about $30 a 4L jug, $20 when it goes on sale.

Last edited:
I am farther south than you but have used Valvoline motorcycle oil for a long time inn my traxter 500 2001 model. I have never bought the expensive dealer oil. I am sure it was in it when new but that was dumped a few months after getting it. I have close to 4000 miles on mine with no problems. In real hot summers I have used diesel 15-40 and may again.

I have never bought one of the expensive oil filters either. I put the Fram ph7328 on mine and have since new. I do not do extended drains. I have heard all sorts of stories about not using the bombardier filter - so - in you use the fram do so at your own caution. My cycle - oil pressure - hydraulic shift actually does better with the fram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back