BMW- starting to see a bit of varnish (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet you could extend the OCI even further and get the same results, and save a few $$ too.
wink.gif

BMW says it can go 15-18,000 so thats what ill go! Its no coincidence they all need programming to reduce the interval to 10. My moms 2010 X3, with the same engine, has a 22k interval since she does alot of highway, averaging over 24 mpg in a small suv. I do it every 5-6k.

Looks typical for a ~100k N52 car thats had dealer service it's whole life. Time for vanos solenoids and frequent oil changes.

Smoky! Looks like a brisket that was left in the smoker. Diesel and a match ought to do the trick!

Originally Posted By: hemitom
try 50000k oci and report back!!

52,000miles You got to be exact and use round numbers....

Looks like whoever did that used conventional oil for the 15,000 mile changes.

There is a guy on the BMW E90 3-series forums with over 330,000 miles on a 2006 325i. It has had BMW synthetic 5w30 it's whole life and the engine is very clean inside. Most changes were using the oil monitor for OCI between 15,000-17,000 miles.

With that said, we all know how important it is for the car to get to operating temp, and a quality synthetic oil to be used. My guess is this person used conventional or short tripped.

My OCD would still have me changing the oil earlier than the monitor on an engine as expensive as that one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back