Blue porch lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HemiHawk
What color light supports teachers and scientists?

No lights. I just took my former neighbor's (a teacher) lights and used them for my house. He never noticed because of his 4 months of vacation every year in which he was always in Vegas or Disneyland.
grin2.gif

Edit: Joking about taking his lights...........but not about his vacations. Always seemed to have plenty of time and money to take his family on never ending vacations.

For the OP, I see lots of blue and green lights around my neighborhood. I enjoy seeing them.

I would rather support them in another way than just putting blue lights. It’s kind of like facebook activism. Changing your profile picture does nothing.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'm burned out over the soldier and first responder glory in the news. I respect members of our military,
LEO's, firemen and paramedics, but I don't look up to them like they are better than anyone else who works hard
to provide for their family.

+1

I'll also add, respect is earned. And with so many thug cops out there that can't control themselves, it'll take a while to regain a lot of my support.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
It was in my local news due to two cops being murdered on duty in Westerville, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus.
I will add my thoughts which you may or may not like.
I'm burned out over the soldier and first responder glory in the news. I respect members of our military,
LEO's, firemen and paramedics, but I don't look up to them like they are better than anyone else who works hard
to provide for their family.

Add to this the much overused term of Hero. Of course we can thank the media for all this nonsense.

Where else can you make $55.00 a extra month and get to kill as many as possible.
Smoky

I haven't been around that long, but what did people do 50 years ago? 100? 200? I have a feeling that they didn't go around with yellow ribbons on their bumpers or flags of all stripes on their porches. Now I know they didn't just treat everyone equally well (cough racism cough) but I'm just not sure that our predecessors felt a need to advertise their support of people doing their jobs/living their lives/going about their business/whatever.

Maybe I'm wrong but this feels kinda like a participation prize. Everyone wins. Everyone is special. Won't be long before everyone has their own color light bulb, else someone might get overlooked.

And no, I hadn't heard of this. This is what I get for not watching the news or having a Facebook page I guess.

In year 2020, don't be surprised if the media will try to push displaying a blue or red light bulb depending on your political beliefs.

Originally Posted By: supton
I haven't been around that long, but what did people do 50 years ago? 100? 200? I have a feeling that they didn't go around with yellow ribbons on their bumpers or flags of all stripes on their porches. Now I know they didn't just treat everyone equally well (cough racism cough) but I'm just not sure that our predecessors felt a need to advertise their support of people doing their jobs/living their lives/going about their business/whatever.

Maybe I'm wrong but this feels kinda like a participation prize. Everyone wins. Everyone is special. Won't be long before everyone has their own color light bulb, else someone might get overlooked.

And no, I hadn't heard of this. This is what I get for not watching the news or having a Facebook page I guess.

But we have to march for hunger and shave our heads for peace! We need to have gala events for cancer and run a marathon for childhood lyphoma. What are we really doing, as a society, if we cannot wear a trinket in honour of past genocides or wear pink for pediatric brain tumors (specifically). If we can't have a bubble bath for human rights, what are we really doing for the world?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back