Bilt Hamber Touchless

Truck was a mess from that last snowstorm. Decided to use Touchless. No contact wash. Stuff is pricey but works great.

1706185110787.png

1706185128960.png

where did you acquire bilt hamber products in the states? Carzilla up in Canada has it but oos.
Clean Garage or Carzilla. This time Carzilla.

It's the only prewash that actually cleans very well. It's also safe (sugar based). It's perfect for times in winter when you can't do a full wash but want to remove 90% of the grime/salt/dirt off the paint. Rinses off very well. Leaves nothing behind.

It's the only prewash that actually cleans very well. It's also safe (sugar based). It's perfect for times in winter when you can't do a full wash but want to remove 90% of the grime/salt/dirt off the paint. Rinses off very well. Leaves nothing behind.

It's strong stuff, no doubt. Bilt Hamber is one of the few really results and science first brands. I've been really impressed with the effectiveness of acidic soaps as well for bringing back the hydrophobics on sealants and coatings. Labocosmetica Purifica and the yellow Adam's Strip Wash are both good. Purifica is strong stuff.

It's strong stuff, no doubt. Bilt Hamber is one of the few really results and science first brands. I've been really impressed with the effectiveness of acidic soaps as well for bringing back the hydrophobics on sealants and coatings. Labocosmetica Purifica and the yellow Adam's Strip Wash are both good. Purifica is strong stuff.
I like Carpro Descale. That's the only acidic soap I've used. Cleans really well.

Have the ants come around?

I need this stuff. We’re in the same weather patterns and roads. What is the sprayer you use??

Last edited:
Have the ants come around?

I need this stuff. We’re in the same weather patterns and roads. What is the sprayer you use??
I picked up an IK Pro Foam 12. I also use a Marolex pump sprayer. Either method works. It's considered to be the best pre-wash on the market.

I bought some of this product and the same sprayer, smaller model.

IMG_4521.jpeg

IMG_4522.jpeg

I diluted to 4%, 2oz/50oz. The loose junk that would have come off with just a spray, did.

The two Hondas have been through some smaller snow storms, salt, etc. The accord just came back from about 300 miles through NE PA with salt and cinders.

Before:

IMG_4525.jpeg
IMG_4526.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg

IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4533.jpeg

After:

IMG_4549.jpeg
IMG_4550.jpeg
IMG_4551.jpeg

This one is kind of weird. The car hasn’t seen any sort of brushes, contact cleaning, etc.

IMG_4552.jpeg

That’s lines in the dirt. There are no swirls or micro scratches in the paint when clean. So it’s weird to see this pattern. Not sure what it would be like if I used a pressure washer vs a hose to rinse and foam.

IMG_4555.jpeg

Yes some idiot did bump into me when I was stopped in a parking lot recently :(

This is the sprayer I used is just a smaller version of @buster

IMG_4553.jpeg

It’s hard for me to say that it really did much that foaming and rinsing with a hose, or better, a pressure washer.

The small foam gun takes a lot of pumping. It takes about 75oz of spray for the accord, 100 for the odyssey.

IMG_4532.jpeg

I’m going off the assumption that it lubricates the dirt coming off, and that there is indeed some corrosion inhibiting product that is helpful to the vehicle…

I haven't noticed much of a difference between foaming it vs sprayer. Some say foaming works best on dry car. They say you need to pressure wash it off too. I've tried the hose and it didn't cut it. There are some that say Auto-foam works better on different dirt types.

The just released a new version that has 2x the cleaning power. I have the older version. :)

1708372892008.jpg

I haven't noticed much of a difference between foaming it vs sprayer. Some say foaming works best on dry car. They say you need to pressure wash it off too. I've tried the hose and it didn't cut it. There are some that say Auto-foam works better on different dirt types.

The just released a new version that has 2x the cleaning power. I have the older version. :)

View attachment 204447
I’m using touch-less, so low pressure shouldn’t be an issue.

image.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 204447
I w been thinking a bit more about this. Most road grime will come off with a pressure washer and yellow tip, it just won’t cover enough area. I don’t see how some chemical is going to change this.

Our cars weren’t washed since before Christmas. Maybe that’s the difference? The road grime is “embedded” enough that it just absolutely requires mechanical agitation?

Again, my assumption for now is that it gently gets at least a bit more dirt off, and that the corrosion inhibitors are leaving something worthwhile…

You could try increasing the PIR a bit.
I w been thinking a bit more about this. Most road grime will come off with a pressure washer and yellow tip, it just won’t cover enough area. I don’t see how some chemical is going to change this.

Our cars weren’t washed since before Christmas. Maybe that’s the difference? The road grime is “embedded” enough that it just absolutely requires mechanical agitation?

Again, my assumption for now is that it gently gets at least a bit more dirt off, and that the corrosion inhibitors are leaving something worthwhile…
I agree with you in that the pressure washer and water (which is a solvent) works to some extent. I've seen many videos though were it worked extremely well, some up against other products and a control (just water). While it can remove substantial grime, a contact wash is still necessary IMO.

I've been using Bilt Hamber products for years and everything they do is just brilliant.

I regularly wash my engine bay with a 2% PIR of Autofoam in a foam lance and rinse it at high pressure before treating with Atom Mac. My car is 15 months old now with 27k on the clock and there's not even the slightest bit of corrosion anywhere which is quite unusual here considering how wet it is all year round.

Can see me using it many times in my Duster thread...

Back