Big Tech Has us by the Whiskers!! Specific Amazon Example.

As of today my membership in Amazon Prime is no more. All apps deleted as well.

I decided on this a while back but waited until my membership ran out. I stopped ordering a long time ago and deleted all payment methods off their site.

I am wondering if deleting your payment methods is enough. It the unlikely event of a data breach is it still "there" somewhere? Past purchases, etc.?

I like The Expanse too much to give up Prime! I also have their Chase card and do ~40% of my shopping there, if I had to guess.

I am wondering if deleting your payment methods is enough. It the unlikely event of a data breach is it still "there" somewhere? Past purchases, etc.?

Which data breach? Does I matter who or why anymore? Our data is either compromised already or in state of being compromised.

If I had to guess, my biggest loss of data came from the good ol’ DOD, and then others in descending order.

It would be cool if Amazon has an automatic purchase function where you could put your highest pricing you're willing to spend on that item, and if it ever drops to that price, Amazon orders one for you.

Camel Camel Camel (how did they get that name? LOL) does this to a limited degree and can notify you when prices reach a certain level on any given item. Also shows the history of the prices so you can see how low is really low.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Amazon had solid algorithms running that calculate the number of people about to be sent an order that they did a subscription for, and what price they can change it to where they can maximize their profit based on the number of people who will blindly pay that price because it is automated. Then Amazon can also lower the price on days when there are fewest numbers of automatic orders being done that day in order to get more people signing up for what they think is a good price on the automated orders that get placed once every month or 3+ months. This would be the only thing I can think of, at least on subscription items, as to why the price goes up and down by the hour or day so drastically. They're sort of playing and manipulating the subscription model like a stock market.

Last edited:
Amazon is not the gutter scum some say they are.

I don’t have a Prime account but order enough to get free 5 day shipping.

A few weeks ago I decided to run Techron in the vehicles as preventative maintenance. I had never done it in the F150 or the Subaru and no way to know about the Sentra. I saw a 10oz bottle at Wally for $5 and Amazon 20oz bottle for $8. No brainer. I go to my recent orders and click buy again and the new price is ................................................... $13.99!!! Was there a green tax passed I missed? Kinda like the algorithms the travel websites use. Usually lower prices after midnight before 4am. Fully taking advantage of the assumed emotional state during those hours.

Prices fluctuate on the internet and they have algorithm to "optimize" it all the time. You think that's bad, my dad's new computer went from $450 at midnight to $500 in the morning and then next week becomes $800, in BestBuy.

The same Target will charge you different price depends on whether you are already in the store ordering with their web (they know by GPS), or at home from a computer.

Back