Best oil for longetivity of Volvo Drive-E Turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I guess there are more A5/B5 5W30s available at WM than I realized, not that I was too worried about that particular standard before (can't hurt, of course).
Mobil1 regular, EP, and AP are all A5/B5 now.
Now that this news is here, I'd use M1 Annual Protection 5w30 in that Volvo to meet the A5/B5 requirements with an advanced antioxidant package.

Originally Posted By: Flying_A
Originally Posted By: Solarent
Do a google search for VCC RBS0-2AE - this is volvo's spec for the E-drive motors.
I was under the same impression.

5w30 A5/B5 is what Volvo wants you to use, unless its the 4-cylinder we're talkin' about (don't know which Drive E this is). The 4-cylinder can use their special 0w20, yet all engines can use the 5w30 A5/B5.
Sums it up at https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3978754/Volvo_recommends_Castrol_EDGE_ for some good answers.

Last edited:
Good to know M1 is all A5/B5 now. Was a matter of time given that A1/B1 is no more. I’d use M1 EP because I’ve seen it do very well in UOAs and it’s easy to find at a good price.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: Flying_A
Originally Posted By: Solarent
Do a google search for VCC RBS0-2AE - this is volvo's spec for the E-drive motors.
I was under the same impression.

5w30 A5/B5 is what Volvo wants you to use, unless its the 4-cylinder we're talkin' about (don't know which Drive E this is). The 4-cylinder can use their special 0w20, yet all engines can use the 5w30 A5/B5.
Sums it up at https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3978754/Volvo_recommends_Castrol_EDGE_ for some good answers.

All Drive-E engines are 4-cylinder - it is the name they use for their new "Volvo Engine Architecture" designs.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Finally! M1 back on the A5/B5 wagon.

Wasn't it just a few months ago we were having a hard time finding A5/B5 5W30s that were available at Walmart??

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: wemay
Finally! M1 back on the A5/B5 wagon.

Wasn't it just a few months ago we were having a hard time finding A5/B5 5W30s that were available at Walmart??

Exactly!

Originally Posted By: weasley
All Drive-E engines are 4-cylinder - it is the name they use for their new "Volvo Engine Architecture" designs.

D'OH!! I forgot that that they have a 3-cylinder Drive-E engine now too. I guess my point is there is no 5 cylinder (or larger).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back