best dino for the $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ive earned 40$ in rewards @ autozone and im gonna cash it out for some dino 5-30 for my 07 colorado 2.9L 4cyl. What dino would get get w/ the best bang for the buck in a 5-30 flavor? i see they have super flo and havoline DS, i was thinking either of those but enlighten me on other choices please. thanks

I would get whatever is cheapest and get as much as I could

Depending on your driving habits, any of todays dino oils will serve you well

Whatever is the cheapest. The most important part is that it meets API SM specifications.

looks like superflo is my best best then, besides the autozone house brand. how is superflo? descent?

Originally Posted By: SRBowen87
looks like superflo is my best best then, besides the autozone house brand. how is superflo? descent?

No noticeable difference between Superflo and Autozone's house brand if you changed your oil when recommended by the GM OLM.

Ya opened up a can of worms, everybody has a certain oil they are partial to, but I believe most will take whatever is cheapest

My 1978 Cadillac 7.0L absolutely loved Superflo. It ran so quiet, all you could hear were the belts rolling over the pulleys. That was with 20W-50.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
My 1978 Cadillac 7.0L absolutely loved Superflo. It ran so quiet, all you could hear were the belts rolling over the pulleys. That was with 20W-50.

It should be even quieter with 5w-20.
wink.gif

I like Chevron Supreme too, but I'd definitely have to doctor that oil up a to get it to the viscosity I want. It runs too thin by itself.

I like Chevron Supreme too, but I definitely have to doctor that oil up a to get it to the viscosity I want. It runs too thin by itself.

What's the need for the higher viscosity? I've ran Kendall, Chevron, Havoline, Valvoline, Flag, Castrol GTX, and Pennzoil 5w-30 in my Saturn over the course of 108k miles and the engine runs great without any abnormal noises.

Quote:
What's the need for the higher viscosity?

12 cSt @ 100C is the magic number for my mentality.
grin2.gif

Why 12, and not 15 or 41? :???:

BTW, if I told you that the fluid in your never-serviced transmission is about 4 cST @ 100C, would you sleep well tonight?
grin2.gif

Quote:
BTW, if I told you that the fluid in your never-serviced transmission is about 4 cST @ 100C, would you sleep well tonight?

I'll pretend like I didn't hear that.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back